New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Recky

Squid
hey guys my name is liam, but my mates all call me recky. Im 16 from sydney and i ride DH on a hardtail. HARDTAIL PRIDE!!!

Hey there guys!

My name is Maddy.
I'm a Melbourne girl.
I ride street/park/dirt and I love dh.
I can't live without my Last Rufus, I built it myself, all custom.
And I'm new to Rotorburn (obviously).

:)

Last edited:

Feedbacker

Cannon Fodder
My name is Matty, 40 yrs old and have discovered the joy & passion of mountain biking.

Currently riding a Merida Matts TFS XC 100-D. and not because it's called Matt :p

Absolutley love the adrenaline kick and hopefully one day, may compete. For now, it's all about the simple joy of riding, getting thrown off and getting to know trees intimatley.

Adore riding through Majura Pines here in Canberra and hope to gain a little fitness and lose some of my Guinness baby and keep most of my skin intact!

Peace!

lichstars

Likes Bikes
Hello All!
New to the forum and fairly new to mountain biking.
Been riding an old GT outpost around but looking to upgrade pretty soon.
Looking to get a Giant Reign 0 within my budget!
Do a lot of all mountain riding with the family and have had my fair share of falls - hopefully the upgrade in bike will help in my technique!

- From the melbourne area!:cool:

IdeasMan

Cannon Fodder
Hi Everyone,
I'm Brett and I've been checking out this awesome site for about 2-3 months but now that I'm laid up for a while with a blown out AC joint in my shoulder and huge bruise on my hip (you should see it, its got its own postcode now!!) thanks to a stack at the Monoplane St DJ's, thought I'd sign up.

Got back into bikes about 18mths ago after a 15 year break :( so I guess I'm a greying newbie!

I'm currently riding a 08 Haro Flightline 2 which I've upgraded with nicer parts when the department store bits wear out but I'm hoping to convert this one into a bit of a dedicated commuter soon and get a nice dually.:):):)

nielkmit

Likes Bikes
hello

hi guys, and ladies
big hello here from Radelaide, i am new to the forum, just fount it actually , a recommendation from my local bike shop
i am a old guy, 34, always been into bikes, since i was a kid
now i ride for fitness, XC, just casual with some friends
great fun
hopefully more will try
see you on the trails
Tim k :)

G'day I'm Irish.

Not really; I'm as Aussie as they get. it's an old nickname.

I live in Nth Qld and ride usually fairly rocky, hilly terrain.
I have a duallie Giant Trance X3.

I love the sport, got a little more serious early 2009 and have done a couple of races (XC) and ride socially.

New person

Hi my names Jim. I'm a MTBer in Sydney, currently not able to ride as I bought a road bike and was punished by being hit by a car! So once i can ride again I'll be sticking to XC riding, at least tree's don't run you over when they don't see you! Anyone got any tips for rehab? or should I post that as a seperate thread (I'm new to this forums thing)? Broken knee and ankle. Cheers

Nub_XC

Squid
Hey guys,

New guy here *wave.

My name's Matt, old enough to know better and lucky enough to live in Canberra. I've recently taken up XC riding with a couple of mates. So far having a blast, getting fit and hitting some of the fire trails on the southside. We went to Stromlo for the first time on the weekend and had a great time on some of the beginner single track and cant wait to go back!

Current bike is a cheapie no name which is on its way out for probably an 2010 Giant Alias or similar hard tail.

Anyway just thought i'd drop in to say hi before checking out the rest of the site.

Matt

donny70

Likes Dirt
hi my names donny

I used to customise bikes and ride too but got out of it for a few years ago, coz I didn't have any time or money left. I do now so I'm back. The last bike I owned was a proflex and everything's changed. so I'll probably be looking for a lot of help and asking some fairly dumb questions...

Sorry!

Hi im 12 years old and have been riding downhill for about 6 months.Before that i started bmx racing when i was 4 but did not find it the thing for me.I sold my race bike and started bmx dirt jump untill i was big enough for an mtb.I am now the proud owner of a 2007 brodie diablo.I will be racing the sunshine series in qld this year and cant wait.My favorite track is mapleton and beerburrum.

gazzasa

Squid
g'day all,

gazza here - been cycling everything on two wheels and more since 2 years ;) and have never stopped :cool: looking to enjoy some new exciting riding in and around melbs, maybe meet some new peeps along the trails.. cheers

easo78

Likes Bikes
greetings all,

My name is James, have been back into mountain biking for the last two years or so after more than a few off the bike! am just doing some trail/xc riding and a couple of enduro events. I joined rotorburn hoping to meet some folk interested in riding around the bargo/mittagong area's.

greazzy

Cannon Fodder
Hey New To the Forum .
Interested in epxloring brisbanes tracks tho what ive read so far there rare.
Should be good for a beginner tho,.

Timbo_

Cannon Fodder
G'day

G'day all!
Timbo here, Ive heard from some other riders at a race that this is a good place to find out some good stuff for races, and XC tracks around the place. I've been riding mountain bikes on and off for about six years, and recently upgraded bikes. Now getting into racing 4 hour enduro's, i.e. WSMTB Summer Series, and will be up for the Jet Black 4 hour this weekend.

Will be hitting the tracks around Newcastle a bit in the near future as well, prob should join Hunter Mtb Club. Many of those guys on this site?

Cheers & Beers.

Hi there.

Hi everyone,

I purchased my first 'proper' MTB about 6 months ago, and been having a great time ever since. So far, everyone I have come accross on the trails has been really friendly, and im sure the people on here wont be much different. Currently, Im still attempting to identify which direction I want to go with my riding, FR seems likely. Also, a big thanks to those who put this website together, and I hope to see you all out on the trails,

johncitizen.

needaride

Likes Dirt
Hey, ive been riding bikes for a year and im addicted! started with DJ's then got a dually and have never looked back...love building up local trails, if you live around newcastle/cooranbong area in NSW and are keen on building send me a pm!!

PartyAndBullshit

Cannon Fodder
Sick.500'th comment.
I live in a small country,located in Eastern-Europe,called Estonia.
We have winter in Estonia now,and it's about -12 degrees in celsius and about 45 cm of snow outside.
Been racing downhill for 4 years now.First season in Elite this year.
I was born in a wrong place as i can say.Highest peak in Estonia is 318 m over the sea level,and the highest hight altitude on a mountain is about 100 meters.The tracks are okay,and they do have very technical parts.The problem is their length.
Yes,they can be cruised and will last for 1 minute 15 seconds,but if you pin them,they only last for 50 seconds,so
our riders don't have good big mountain experience. Since i'm only 18 and finishing high school this year,i'm planning to move from estonia to somewhere else.Haven't made up my mind yet.Since you are australians, i'm welcome to hear plusses and minuses about australia as a living place and about the racing scene.I've thought about USA,Canada,New-Zealand and Australia,but it's hard to make decisions without actually knowing some details about those countrys.
Peace out!