Hey i'm Josh
living in Adelaide
used to ride down hills with some of my mates
had my hardtail pinched about a year ago
replaced it with a commuter (shoot me)
keen as to get back into it
gonna piece together kizza01's old cannondale
need a few parts so i will be on the prowl
some of you might have seen me stumbling around at SA races yelling at pete to try and make him go faster

Hi,

I'm new here but not in life (some may say I'm over the hill at least I DH'd my way down), I have decided to join this forum as I'm having my mid life crisis and need to re-gain that enthusiasim I had for MTB about 11 years ago. I'm based on the Gold Coast and ride (about 2 times a year!) in the Nerang proving grounds!

OVERKILL

Cannon Fodder
Hi
Am new here name is SAM live in the Hornsby area.
Have been heavily into 4wding for the last 7 years but have always wanted to do more riding.
Hope to meet some new mates to go riding with.

SAM

Turtle_

Squid
Gday Gday

I'm fairly new to the site, i've been lurking around for a while and asking the odd question, i'm just starting to get into MTBing and lovin' it so hi to everyone.......:)

dnation

Likes Bikes
MTBing

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum (was an inactive member previously). I've Been mountain biking for 2 years and have entered MTB XC races for fun & fitness only (not a serious racer out to beat the world). I've entered 2007 Dirtworks, 2007 Highland Fling & Scott 24hr for 06 and 07 in a team.

My bike portfolio includes a Giant TCR C1 & Giant NRS1 carbon.

I've only started to get a little bit more XC serious with mountain biking. THinking about training to do better in future races.

kulDoctah

Likes Bikes
nuuuu

Hi.
My name is Ela. I'm 31, from Warsaw, Poland. I've been lurking around Farkin for a couple of months now, I didn't really think anyone would bother to hear about me, but hey, there's the newbie section, so here I am, saying hi :)
Me and hubby ride...not sure what to call it... transport riding, a bit of fr and dh, we don't mind a bit of xc either, especially on the way to a nice descent :D Hubby used to race dh and 4x here a couple of years ago (he still does from time to time), he's not too shy about doing stuff on his bike :) and he's teaching me how to do stuff, and even though I'm pretty much a pantspisser I do have my moments sometimes :) Hubby calls what we ride 'extreme bike tourism' :D were not that much of pinners tho...:)
A couple of months ago we started thinking of moving to Australia, so I thought Farkin would be a good place to find out a bit about the country and the people and possibly make some friends and also to practice and improve my english ( feel free to correct me anytime, guess that's how I can learn :) ). We're thinking of moving in a couple of years from now, so I can finish my residency here and have the time to pass all the exams I need to be able to work in Aus, and just to organise the whole thing well.
Hoping for a nice warm wellcome, and, as I said - to make friends here :rolleyes:
Ciao.

edwin

Likes Bikes
Hi Im Edwin
I have been a member for a long time but have only posted 2 or 3 times.
I live in the Blue Mountains and have been riding for about 10 years. DH mostly but ill try anything. I ride an Xtention X2 and an STP (Which is being built at the moment)

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
Hi all, been lurking for a few months now. Thought it was time to speak... so yeah, g'day. :)

Current ride - Mongoose Teocali 08.
Haunts - Daisy Hill, Bunya, etc.

Scott.

geekyDHgirl

Cannon Fodder
Hiya - have been lurking as an unregistered user for a while, finally registered! :D I used to race DH in the National Series back in the 90's (I had a personal favourite track called Mt Buller :p ) Was racing Sport Women/Elite women depending on the number of girls that turned up!

Left the sport completely when I took up skydiving (now I can do both :D ) and these last few months have had a hankering to get fit (read: 2 kids later lol) again and race DH - not too sure about the womens scene here in QLD now, I am living in Townsville and will probably visit the Mt Stuart race on Sunday to say gday :D

Its been a while since I knew what bike parts were hot and not - I still remember being excited about 4" of rear wheel travel and the MUDCOWs videos!!! ..woohoo :D

Cheers,

Andrea

Last edited:
Hi i'm pathyboy
I'm just getting back into mountainbiking and the bug has hit hard again. I used to race about 10 years ago and have been riding the last few years but nothing too serious. I like doing anything outdoors like surfing and 4 wheel driving, Anything with a bit of a rush i supose. Thought i would join up to Farken so i could get some infomation from those in the know with parts, setup and things like that. Keen to ride anything, XC, DH, dirtjumps, whatever.
See you round the trails.

Derelikt-3

Likes Dirt
I'm sort of new :p May as well introduce my self

My name is Blake (user name elsinore)
I'm 15, ride an Avanti derelikt type 3, ride motorbikes, play AFL footy, train martial arts (Karate) Obviously like dirt jumping :)

Pretty much sums it all up :)

gliss

Likes Dirt
long time

I'm registered since 2004 but I feel like a new person and almost lost the password for this gosh...
haven't logged in ages and i thought i'd drop by and see what's new...

collomtb

Cannon Fodder
hey all you farkers out there im kind new
my name is ethan and im 15 in a month and i have been riding for about a year and a half, i like downhill and a small bit of free ride, so far ive been toughing it out on a hard tail (scott voltage yz1) its a great bike but ive finally upgraded, to a kona stinky :D:D(2008).:cool:

indica

Serial flasher
iv got a dj

any one know of any good tracks?
yeh man i like the new pendulum tracks.

Hi, feel free to peruse the rules before you post next.
Maybe by then your school teacher will have explained the relevance of capital letters, correct spelling and good grammar.
Thanks for listening and enjoy your brief stay on Farkin Airways.

New? me?

Hey. I'm new to Australia, not really new to riding. But I figure that makes me a newbie down under anyway. I'm bike-less right now, but once I find one I want to get out as much as I can.
I'm living in Curl Curl. So if anyone knows where I can find information on trails / races, that'd be sweet.
I used to race downhill, but I was slow, so I fell and broke lots of stuff trying to go fast... and now I ride XC mostly and I'm still slow.
But I still love Mt. Fromme shore style, especially steep and technical.

Let me know if you live around the northern beaches and want to ride or show me around.

Also. If anyone knows a good place I can get hooked up with a hot single speed... :D

peace,
--Live to ride

heatseeker424

Likes Dirt
Hey. I'm new to Australia, not really new to riding. But I figure that makes me a newbie down under anyway. I'm bike-less right now, but once I find one I want to get out as much as I can.
I'm living in Curl Curl. So if anyone knows where I can find information on trails / races, that'd be sweet.
I used to race downhill, but I was slow, so I fell and broke lots of stuff trying to go fast... and now I ride XC mostly and I'm still slow.
But I still love Mt. Fromme shore style, especially steep and technical.

Let me know if you live around the northern beaches and want to ride or show me around.

Also. If anyone knows a good place I can get hooked up with a hot single speed... :D

peace,
--Live to ride
So where'd you used to live?