New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Roj

Squid
New Female member

Hi I'm very new to riding.Have not ridden before except mucking around as a kid on a bmx! Decided to give mtb a go after trying almost every sport. I love to be fit and active.
Have been lucky enough to borrow a friends spare bike for a while to see if I like riding. Don't know what type I will prefer, but am willing to give them all a go! Suppose it's like trying before you buy!
Am going to try and get to the social rides for the area and hopefully someone will be able to give me abit of a rundown on all aspects of riding.
I'm not on the younger side of life at 34, with 3 kids, but want to be fit enough to still beat them, playing whatever sport, when they are teenagers!!

indica

Serial flasher
I'm not on the younger side of life at 34, with 3 kids, but want to be fit enough to still beat them, playing whatever sport, when they are teenagers!!
Hi Roj, and welcome.
I have been riding for years - 35 soon - and my wife started riding downhill with me last year - she is recently 30 - we have two kids and they love to ride , although they are too young to downhill yet - 3.5 and 6 - they still have a ball playing and watching the jumps.
Have fun!

PSM

Squid
Bike Impersonating a Pogo Stick

Well it's my first bike in a long time, equipped with a shock reminiscent of a pogo stick, but it doesn't phase me. Workmates spurred me on to try riding the Oaks with them weekly - and since I've started, it's become pretty much all I think about.

I thank the persistence of those folks daily. Thinking about buying a second bike more suitable for the type of riding I'm currently enjoying so much; the loose rocky stuff, where one can get oh so squirrely.

Greetings all - I read daily with much interest!

So where'd you used to live?
I used to live in Vancouver, BC. But then I got in some trouble with the law and had to run. So I made Bail and bought a one way ticket to Hong Kong, then hopped on a shipping tanker headed for Sydney... and now I'm here!

ok. maybe I didn't do any of that. But I am from Vancouver. I'm actually here on a student internship exchange program for 6 months.
I guess I forgot to say where I was from when mentioning the shore... my bad.

Flanno

Squid
Hey im Aiden. My mates call me Flanno. I live in Toowoomba and I ride dh, djs and pretty much anything. I am probably going to join the mountain bike club soon. I like playing rugby leage and also do a bit of wakeboarding. Yeh and i don't know how to use farkin very well:D

polymer

Cannon Fodder
Hi All, Polymer here, last bike was a repco mountain bike 15 years ago. Now looking to get new bike. Any advice would be appreciated.

t_bomb

Likes Bikes
hey guys, names terry, from balwyn vic. i have a giant trance that i ride xc on, and a norco 250 for jumping. if anyone round the area wants to go for a ride, drop me a line and we can catch up.

Newbie central - here i am

I cant believe its taken me so farkin long to find this site & then finally say something.........

Mutual gratification moment:
Love the site, I have found it to be a great cross section of people from all walks of life. Each with his or her own point of view & not afraid to share it. Need more pictures in most of the posts & lets see some smilies

Bit bout me.....

I am a Big BMX Bandit who now has a little grommet of their own. Not too old to mix it with the boys & girls on the trail, with my Specialized Kit & my RaceFace on :eek: I ride in the Bush & cross Cane Creek, while

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
Hi. I'm kru gunzer from sydney.

Formerly a BMX rider, now I ride XC and occasional DH. Considering doing street and park jumping to get my adrenalin dosage.

kerr.box

Likes Bikes
hey im jack from vic. i ride mostly dj and street but you can occasionally find me racing down eatons cutting withmates on weekends. but yeah i ride a custom 06 stp 0 and i cant seem to get off it at the moment. haha i am keen to find new spots to ride in vic so let me know and ill ride with you? :D

joshrides

Likes Dirt
hey my names josh

i like to ride Dh will be competing soon when i upgrade from my bigfoot to my atomik when i get the cash hopefully before next term does anyone live near brisbane like logan or anywere around there we should go for a ride when i get my new bike or even with this one

cheers..

Viper boi

Cannon Fodder
valentine in newi? i play 4 the terrace roosters wat age are u in

hey, my name's badlad and i'm new here.

i like riding with my mates and my dad. i have a bmx, a cross country bike and a dirt jump bike. my dad says he'll get me a downhill bike if i'd like to race 1 day.

i also like rugby league, i play front row for valentine devils.

i have a bulldog and a cat. the cat is a bit nuts.:D

seeya.:cool:
valentine in newi? i play 4 the terrace roosters wat age are u in

the_paradoxical

Cannon Fodder
hey guys, somewhat new here. been a member for a while and read threads a bit but never got around to posting anything, so here it is.

i ride downhill and xc. got a giant dh team and an xtc2 which both do the trick.

actually if there is anyone that lives around ringwood in vic that is interested in going for xc rides on mon or tues wed arvos then hit me up. would love to hit the tracks around the dandenongs a bit more frequently but need some people to ride with for more motivation.

RIVAL07

Cannon Fodder
Me

hey im from adelaide, my names Cameron, im 18 i ride freeride/downhill every weekend, my bike is a very custom 2007 norco bigfoot and its an awesome bike to ride cause it can do everything dh/fr/dj/street etc.i have benn riding for about 2yrs months now and am about to start racing once i get a dually.:D

New Bloke

Hi,
Rio here, former roadie who now has now converted to MTB riding. I am a fan of XC and endurance racing 8hr and 24hr. Still learning many of the dirt riding skills. I'm the guy at the moment who says "I was hoping the course was going to have more straights in it"
I hope to learn more by talking with you all.
Cheers,

Rio

hi
my name is chris i am 15 , i am a new member to farkin.net , i dont know to much about this site , but its great to see people getting into downhill or jumping .

bikes are mad

see you later chris

sikboy

Squid
Kincumber Mountain. Does Anybody Ride There?

Hey just getting into dh and i live backing onto the mountain. jus wondering if there's any good tracks made up there? any info appreciated.

huckerman101

Likes Bikes
Hey guys

Hey guys

My names michael and i am 13 and i am extremely passionate about riding bikes. I love to do dirtjumps, 4x, downhill/freeride and the occasional street riding is fun. I have been riding for about 10 months now and am very serios about my riding. I live on the sunshine coast in Queensland and although there are some good tracks to ride and jumps i still wish there was more and i am hoping to create some this year. I ride a Giant STP2 and it is ausome for dirtjumping, street and 4x but its a bit rough for downhill and freeride but i am hopefully getting a downhill or freeride bike soon.

I also like to play rugby union and have represented the sunshine coast for under 13's.

Cheers

princess17

Banned
hey guys

my name is Michelle 17 i ride with my boyfriend... i ride a mongoose black diamong single that is set up for me... i ride down the tracks he does but im not that fast... im learning to do some dit jumps at the moment