New Forum!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
How about make it road & track? For those of us that like to get a bit of wood.

Last edited:

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Cave Dweller, have you been racing? Where abouts? I'm hankering for a fix and might head down to Dunc Grey next Wednesday.
Not racing yet, but i have been going mondays and wednesday nights for training at tempe outdoor velodrome (when its not raining).

If your just training (like me) you need to purchase a training license which is around $60sih from memory, and $5 per training session to pay for the lights, motor bike fuel etc. Starts from between 6-6.30 and goes up to or past 8.30. Motor pacing, sprint training etc etc. Good fun! If you go hard you are almost shattered by nights end. No brakes allowed on track also.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Got a race licence (raced FNWTR Series last year) and have been doing (badly) road crits over summer.

St George also have racing at Hurstville oval (flat track) on Monday nights over summer, tjb has been trying to convince me to go.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Got a race licence (raced FNWTR Series last year) and have been doing (badly) road crits over summer.

St George also have racing at Hurstville oval (flat track) on Monday nights over summer, tjb has been trying to convince me to go.
Have not been to any other tracks yet. Tempe is 10-15min ride from my place, too easy for me. I want to try dunc grey, might go when racing starts friday night in winter, hopefully i will at least be competitive by then :D

My biggest issue is riding in a pack close to peoples wheels, getting better though. Doesn't help when the person in front is all over the shop.

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
What about a third category - road, track and touring

For people who ride rail trails, winery tours and Big Bike events.