New Giant DH bikes are for sale

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
if you send them an email you will find that they aren't actually in the shop yet- they are just taking orders.

Toxic

Likes Dirt
How good is the price though. Manitou putting out that budget fork range is going to produce some dirt cheap DH and freeride bikes that will be good for those who are starting out.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
being a short guy (5''8 ) who rides a small giant dh comp i think i can speak for all our shorter riders that we're thankful for more toptube clearance, i can't keep track of the number of times i've nutted myself on that top tube.

Sparkman

Likes Dirt
Lower top tube and remote reservoir are great improvements. The lower spec hubs aren't too good. Still has a bad chain device. Never liked the linkage clearance with rocks... This years bike rides superbly though. Maybe not the ultimate budget DH racer, but close.

frank_n

Likes Dirt
What is the longevity of the DH Comp like, I've heard from one source that they are prone to cracking/breaking. It looks like many people are riding/racing them...any problems so far?
I'm currently looking at the 2005 Comp, Crafty S1 or Stinky Supreme. The Giant wins hands down on spec/price.
F

hazman

Likes Bikes
I'm liking the AC3, damn good spec for the price. Hopefully pick one up this year and also a XTC-2, I am very impressed with Giant bikes for '05.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
frank_n said:
What is the longevity of the DH Comp like, I've heard from one source that they are prone to cracking/breaking. It looks like many people are riding/racing them...any problems so far?
Pfffftttt! WTF... :shock: never heard of Giants cracking. In fact...

*chants loudly to all who'll listen* Buy more Giants... buy more Giants... while you're at it grab yourself a Cannondale... buy more Giants.

:lol: