New GripSport DH bike carriers

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whos got a new Gripsport DH bike carrier? Happy with it? Good /bad points?

I was one of the first, had my order in ages before the first ones were released.

Im liking the fact that it saves your cranks.

Only thing Im a tad concerned with is that its slightly twisty or wobbly, in the two square tube holders.

Yes, its looks lighter than my old crank style carrier, seems to take the weight ok, but very slightly flexy. Its supposedly built with slightly thicker tubes than the Hi-ride, but Ill soon see next week when I go from Mel-Canberra how it holds up with 2 DH bikes.

Its the only rack that seems to fit my car -a New Pajero with wheel on back of rear door (that cant be removed). Longer square hitch drawer bar just puts it back out so that the inner bikes pedal in only one position clears the back spare wheel, where the crank holder rack didnt.

I can say im very happy with it, and the red parts certainly look nice......

TimmyD

Squid
I picked mine up the first day and have only used it once so fat. Love it compared to the old type. Don't like the quick do up black knobs as they do loosen off quickly. Other than that I am very happy with it

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going to replace those with ordinary bolts, and spanner tighten them. I suppose once set for my bikes, why shift them?

TimmyD

Squid
Yep I'm doing the same thing next week when I pick up my gloru. Set it up for my 2 bikes, bolts through the holes. Harder for people to take as well. I take the top bits off and lock in my car