New Help With Ideas

Dh2

Likes Bikes
Well building a DH track in Sydney and have come to a problem, there is a drop and well its too sketchy to hit because you need to be going really fast and there is a cliff next to it so we have decided there will be no drop. So we are trying to come up with ideas which would work, we don't want it to be too easy or hard to make that is so if you have any ideas of suggestions please comment below :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Easier said then done but yes I do agree the ones at oxy are nice
Its not that hard...should be plenty of rock around. Load it in the wheelbarrow and pile it up loosely resembling a triangle. Then dirt on top. Fuck loads of it. If dirt and rubble are hard to come by pick a point on the track a bit back from the edge (eg 1m). Dig this out and throw all the dirt etc onto your pile. Build a little retainer at your new edge to reduce erosion (better yet a small kicker). To ensure your pile at the bottom holds shape run some long logs or a run of rocks along the sides.

This is easily attainable with a good shovel, madock, machette/axe, and wheelbarrow.

Its not that hard...should be plenty of rock around. Load it in the wheelbarrow and pile it up loosely resembling a triangle. Then dirt on top. Fuck loads of it. If dirt and rubble are hard to come by pick a point on the track a bit back from the edge (eg 1m). Dig this out and throw all the dirt etc onto your pile. Build a little retainer at your new edge to reduce erosion (better yet a small kicker). To ensure your pile at the bottom holds shape run some long logs or a run of rocks along the sides.

This is easily attainable with a good shovel, madock, machette/axe, and wheelbarrow.
Huh, easier said then done too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Huh, easier said then done too.
The terrain does play a part in how easy. One place I've done it was just soft clay rocks so easy as a solo job. Other spots, where there is more rock and less dirt, I have found it takes time more than anything (wandering around grabbing logs etc when all the diirt and moveable rocks have been used up). The hardest part is convincing others that they want to help out rather than wait to ride the spoils.

If you can use a chainsaw where you intend to build much time can be saved.

Dh2

Likes Bikes
The terrain does play a part in how easy. One place I've done it was just soft clay rocks so easy as a solo job. Other spots, where there is more rock and less dirt, I have found it takes time more than anything (wandering around grabbing logs etc when all the diirt and moveable rocks have been used up). The hardest part is convincing others that they want to help out rather than wait to ride the spoils.

If you can use a chainsaw where you intend to build much time can be saved.
Will do this tomorrow and upload a photo thanks, sadly I cannot use a chainsaw :(

driftking

Wheel size expert

This assumes a wheelbarrow is possible. if the terrain is legitimately rocky as hell you will be carrying it all.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This assumes a wheelbarrow is possible. if the terrain is legitimately rocky as hell you will be carrying it all.
A wheel barrow is a fun on steep stuff as well. Carrying is fund as long as you aren't precious about your hands. Most of my trail building in the past has been in places one shouldn't be building, so minimal tools etc. Though I did once drive in some very large pieces of shore on the roof of 4wd. While the lack of subtlety was stupid to begin with we drove past the ranger. It took a few weeks for the install to be found, but it didn't last.