New here, please be gentle

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Gday everyone I wanted to introduce myself, been really getting into mtn biking the last year or so and have found the threads on here very helpful in researching bikes, locations to ride and troubleshooting repairs. I’m based 10 minutes from the tracks at Red Hill VIC so mainly riding around there and am currently on a 2018 norco sight. Always looking for new people to ride with if anyone is down this way . Cheers . Scott
Howdy there and welcome. There is regular bunch of us that ride at Red Hill pretty much every Sunday. We meet at the school carpark at 8:30; swing in & say "hi", you're very welcome to join in.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Can anyone fill me in on the protocol for the “trading area” I’ve done some reading and clicked some links that haven’t got me very far. I’m trying to get in touch with @Shredden about a wheel set he had for sale but not sure if my messages are getting through. Thanks in advance . Scott
First you need to have a few (10?) sensible posts to your tally. Then read the "applying for trading access" (or words to that effect) lead post; within that post is very explicitly instructed a particular line to quote in youf application.

That said, you don't need trading permission to contact another member, but possibly still need the minimum valid posts. Private messages won't have gone through until the receiver opens the message.

Oldelpaso

Squid
Howdy there and welcome. There is regular bunch of us that ride at Red Hill pretty much every Sunday. We meet at the school carpark at 8:30; swing in & say "hi", you're very welcome to join in.
Gday duckmeister is that the red hill primary at the top ? Will definitely join in one Sunday!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Welcome @Oldelpaso . First rule of Rotorburn is, it's time for a new bike. Though that rule is on hold due to covid shortages and supply chain impact. But better start saving for 2022 because it won't be cheap. By then you'll need something exotic. Plus another one.

I'm down in Red Hill fairly often and will try and hit you up for a spin next time I'm there. Or, more likely, I'll totally forget and chat to you randomly on the trails.