New Jeffsy - just the ad deserves its own thread

nelsti

Likes Bikes
It doesn't look radically different to the current bike.
I suspect it's a case of small tweaks here & there.....y'know....evolution, not revolution ?
I hit up YT as I had some sizing issues with my 2018 Jeffsy, best I could get out of them was "lower and longer".

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It doesn't look radically different to the current bike.
I suspect it's a case of small tweaks here & there.....y'know....evolution, not revolution ?
If I should be so bold from what I can tell, the head angle is not slack enough for riding in places it isn't meant to, the seat angle is the steepest we have seen but could be steeper, it could have either more or less travel depending on where you wanted to ride it, and something about it is surprising because we didn't think it could do that even though most bikes can these days (e.g. either pedalling up hills comfortably or riding down hills comfortably).

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I stand corrected. Must be some kinda funky mini bottle setup like that Canyon jig.

Is it actually useable ?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I stand corrected. Must be some kinda funky mini bottle setup like that Canyon jig.

Is it actually useable ?
I thought the exact thing when I first saw it, they prob should have had a waterbottle in the frame in the press release photos, I'm sure we wern't the only two that swore at out screens and threw our cake on the ground.

tumblr_n4fkzm3dmH1r9gfaeo1_500.gif

Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as with so many bikes, if only it came out before I bought something else. Stupid long seat tube last year gave me a choice of being able to pedal or being comfortable with the reach. new 27 would have been just right. long lead times from release to first deliveries thought. The website shows sold out on models they dont have a date for even though they are just annoucning it. Perhaps "coming soon" would be a better no date message

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another "first take" review here, seems to align with Bike Radar one, https://enduro-mtb.com/en/yt-jeffsy-2019/ looks very similar to the Ripmo, Ibis is a bit more expensive well $1500 more - comparing CF Pro with GX Ibis (maybe you could negotiate with a dealer though I'm not sure - can't with YT) at least people finally making bikes with shorter seat tubes! For people like me with shorter legs and longer torso that helps a lot with getting a decent length dropper - I need all the help I can get!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It does look the goods.

The short seat tube design is getting a bit crazy from a long limbed person’s perspective. I can easily fit a 250mm dropper on a 51cm seat tube frame. I’m near minimum insertion on my Lev on a 470mm ST frame.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
at least people finally making bikes with shorter seat tubes! For people like me with shorter legs and longer torso that helps a lot with getting a decent length dropper - I need all the help I can get!
They shouldn’t be doing it on the larger frames though. Seat tubes have been getting progressively shorter which doesn’t bode well for heavy giants like myself. It’s getting that bad that a 300mm dropper will be required soon.