New/Old member checking in.

Hi all, better clarify the title first. New refers to a new account, but old refers to the fact that I used to have an account here when it was still Faarkin (about 2003-4 ish?). It was beating the snot out of me how someone else could be using my email address! (It was you, Einstein...). It wasn't until I was reading the do's and don'ts post on the forums here that I saw a reference to Faarkin.net, and a dim memory of me having an account there came back.

ANYWAAAAAY, just here to say hi, I got the MTB bug again after a long layoff and a holiday over Xmas/New Year that included stays at Jindabyne, Beechworth and Bright. So it was fate. I had some $ saved, and then after a month scanning Facebook marketplace and Gumtree, I stole a 2013 Pivot Mach 429 custom build for $2800. I justify it as an early (6mths early) 50th birthday pressie for myself. And for the type of riding I want to get back into (XC, trail, single-track) I doubt there's a better bike new or 2nd hand under $3500 than this monster truck.

If you've got this far, your prize of 5 Internets I on its way to you.

See you on here, but preferably, on a trail somewhere!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I look forward to receiving my 5 internets.

Welcome (back).

Look, with the state of the NBN, the delivery time may stretch to time scales used in carbon dating fossils. ;)

Thanks for the welcome back, it's fun being on a bike again. 3 things have to happen now. A brake bleed, suspension adjustment, and for the damn rain to stop so some trails can dry out...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
3 things! Where is the PYR? The pivot bikes are a sexy piece of gear, you can't just tease us like this. Where's the skin?

Also welcome. What was your old user name?

3 things! Where is the PYR? The pivot bikes are a sexy piece of gear, you can't just tease us like this. Where's the skin?

I can remember my old name, waaay too long ago.

Einstein here didn't steal pics from the ad so I'll have to do some on the morning.

Just to be a tease, and attract the appropriate amount of gear shaming, I'll go into the setup. The ex owner was a bike mechanic and worked for Blackman's and Race Face.
Shimano XT Shifters, front derailleur, cranks, XTR rear derailleur.

Race Face flat pedals. (I may go old school Time ATAC Allium clipless)

Selle Italia Gel flow Max seat. Crank Brothers dropper post.

FSA SL-K bars.

KWT grips (His words 'i like BMX style grips').

Fox 32 Talas forks Kashima coated.

Fox Float RP23 rear shock Kashima coated.

Crank Brothers Cobalt Twin spoke 29" wheels.

Shimano XT Deore brakes and 203mm discs front & rear. (The calipers have cute cooling fins too!)

Maxxis Ardent Race 29 X 2.20 front tyre.

Maxxis Cross Mark 29 X 2.10 rear tyre.

Built in 2015, with a 2013 frame.

Also got a shock pump, couple of seal kits that may or may not suit the shock/fork, twin front ring XT crank, front shifter and rear derailleur, a pair of Shimano SPD pedals, chain checker, and a pedal spanner.

In my humble uninformed opinion, not to shabby for $2800.

Here's some pretty average pics for you!

Attachments