New pedals anyone?

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is disgusting, i don't know other's opinions, but that is gross.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
+1 ... ^^^dj3 ... no appeal at all ... and all that smooth / slippery surface in the middle.

weight weenie hat on:
So is it sub 300g per pair :p ... nah couldn't be with all that excess metal.

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
adding to the fact that you foot would sit incredibly awkwardly, it has no convex or concave shape, as nerf said, the empty void in the middle is a bit stupid aswell.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
630g? i thought it would have been more haha
makes me vomit every time i glance back at them :(

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
Thats got to have been designed by a committee of marketing and accountant types without a rider or engineer in sight.

"Lets make it shiney!"
"Yeah! And lets make it as simple as possible so it's super cheap to make!"
"Perfect!"

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
that is disgusting, i don't know other's opinions, but that is gross.
I agree. One of the ugliest bits of engineering and aesthetics I have ever seen.

*edit* Even uglier than the arachnids, which I always thought were hideous.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
the one next to the handy daggary thing, just out of the shot, has one of those pedals on the end of it...
3775164916_2124121732.jpg

fairy1

Banned
I agree. One of the ugliest bits of engineering and aesthetics I have ever seen.

*edit* Even uglier than the arachnids, which I always thought were hideous.

I own two pairs of these and I promise if you can keep shoes up to them they are one of the best pedals out there. The bearings/bushes are bullshit strong and the pedals don't grab rocks when you clip them as it is pretty much just a pin clipping the rock instead of a hard edge as most pedals would present.
Ugly, yes but very purposeful however I have had to have radioactive dye injected into me a year after my pedals kissed my leg.

I strangely also have a set of .243pedals that aren't too far off the pedals pic'd in this thread, they weigh around 950g a pair from memory and people get angry with you when they see them.
I got yelled at for not caring my old HT weighed 19kg more than a few times, I'm a tubby bitch, I rode a tubby bike.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I don't mind the arachnid thing ... I also wouldn,t mind one of those hand daggery things. I've seen a mace in the form of a fist ... but thats cool