New Phone: Currently on iPhone.....

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
can’t go wrong w pixel, fast charging is great, stick android fast
what is happening to phones you can only get 2 yrs out of?
i don’t like samsung, run slow w their own bloat, every samsung i have pulled apart is made cheap
apple are solid choice, decent inside build takes more punishment than most others
Nokia is starting to have strange micro pauses and not reviving via finger print sensor all the time. The Motorola was working ok but literally falling apart (buttons dropping off etc). Sony smashed in a drop and I think the iPhone 4s was the same.

I'd happily keep going with Nokia and Motorola as it's cheaper replacing them every 2 years than sticking with an iPhone for long term, but the waste of flipping phones so often bothers me. If there's an android that rivals apple for longevity I'll go that path, otherwise I'll just to go back to an iPhone.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Nokia is starting to have strange micro pauses and not reviving via finger print sensor all the time. The Motorola was working ok but literally falling apart (buttons dropping off etc). Sony smashed in a drop and I think the iPhone 4s was the same.
prob best to stik with apple, it’s a pity the essential ph-1 didn’t stick around

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Thanks all for the input. Ended upping the budget to grab a iPhone 12 mini.

Hopefully the phones longevity makes up for it being a step backwards on usability.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've smashed my Samsung 7 so I've ordered a Samsung A71 5G. Seemed to review well so hopefully it's not a dud. I was pretty keen on a Google 4A as they rave about the photo quality. But no extra memory and still glitchy put me off in the end.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've smashed my Samsung 7 so I've ordered a Samsung A71 5G. Seemed to review well so hopefully it's not a dud. I was pretty keen on a Google 4A as they rave about the photo quality. But no extra memory and still glitchy put me off in the end.
I have the same A71 5G. It is a solid phone without all of the high end faff that you might not need anyhow. Battery life is impressive. I've only had it for about 3 weeks now. The downside is the candy bar shape is a bit longer than I like.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I have the same A71 5G. It is a solid phone without all of the high end faff that you might not need anyhow. Battery life is impressive. I've only had it for about 3 weeks now. The downside is the candy bar shape is a bit longer than I like.
I actually managed to find a protector case thing (sup case or something), and I then chuck that in a Maxpedition zip pouch (along with ID and some emergency $$)
I agree on the size of the phone. significantly bigger than my old samsung S6. I got the 4G, as the 5G was kind of exxy in comparison.
Seems to be indicative that a lot of people use their phone for inturdnet browsing and texting rather than calls.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I actually managed to find a protector case thing (sup case or something), and I then chuck that in a Maxpedition zip pouch (along with ID and some emergency $$)
I agree on the size of the phone. significantly bigger than my old samsung S6. I got the 4G, as the 5G was kind of exxy in comparison.
Seems to be indicative that a lot of people use their phone for inturdnet browsing and texting rather than calls.
There is factory protector with it but I just put in in my Rapid waistpack in a pretty thick zip lock bag. It is fine unless I endo :)
I probably should invest in something better before I regret it.

The price of screen real estate gives us lumps in our backpacks or jeans. The four cameras on the back shows that the instafamous influencers must be on Samsung's mind.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
How are the photos?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How are the photos?
I manage to make everything look amateur no matter how good the hardware it is ..... :)

They look pretty good and you can blow them up without losing much detail. The optics we have in such a small area is impressive with all cameras to me.