New Phone: Currently on iPhone.....

mtb1611

Seymour
So.....ended up the going the S8 and am not sure it was a wise move! Doesn't connect to car via cable (only Bluetooth), therefore can't scroll through playlists on car audio screen. Google Play Music's setup is crap - can't change layout to a list format - and for some reason podcasts don't show up in the menu despite the fact that when I conduct a search, individual episodes can be found.
What are the farker-androids using for music?

mtb1611

Seymour
Funnily enough I thought I'd give the proprietary "Samsung Music" a go.....kinda works the same as iTunes.....!

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Mainly the built in music app on my Smartisan, it interfaces the best with the OS. Of the other ones I've tried I think I liked Pulsar the most.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Nice! How's it going so far?
I really think the G6 is the current 'sleeper' amongst the high end smart phones. Seems like epic value to me.....
Just got a big addition to my data allowance, randomly out of nowhere kogan sent a text saying I've gone from 16gb to 23 a month. Bonus.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So.....ended up the going the S8 and am not sure it was a wise move! Doesn't connect to car via cable (only Bluetooth), therefore can't scroll through playlists on car audio screen. Google Play Music's setup is crap - can't change layout to a list format - and for some reason podcasts don't show up in the menu despite the fact that when I conduct a search, individual episodes can be found.
What are the farker-androids using for music?
I just use play, find it easy, but I don't have to retrain muscle memory. Don't know if it's still active, but Double Twist was always good, back in the day.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Due a new phone in Jan, swore I would not go Samsung again after being a loyal follower for many years, had the Galaxy, Galaxy s3, Galaxy s5 now the Galaxy S7 edge with the dreaded pink line down the screen (Google it) which Samsung messed me about on a warranty fix... broke the screen in October and thought I only have 3-4 month to wait, I'll just put up with the small crack. Well.. jumped up on the pergola on Saturday and bent the fekker in the middle, insurance is now going to replace it.

Was going to go the new iphone X but now leaning towards the Note 8 as the Otterbox extreme case covers the 'edge' to stop it smashing on a drop on a corner.

Attachments

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Due a new phone in Jan, swore I would not go Samsung again after being a loyal follower for many years, had the Galaxy, Galaxy s3, Galaxy s5 now the Galaxy S7 edge with the dreaded pink line down the screen (Google it) which Samsung messed me about on a warranty fix... broke the screen in October and thought I only have 3-4 month to wait, I'll just put up with the small crack. Well.. jumped up on the pergola on Saturday and bent the fekker in the middle, insurance is now going to replace it.

Was going to go the new iphone X but now leaning towards the Note 8 as the Otterbox extreme case covers the 'edge' to stop it smashing on a drop on a corner.
That’s some serious phone carnage right there!
The Galaxy phones do seem like they’re fragile - everyone I know has a busted screen (I know that’s not scientific fact, just anecdotal)

If you do decide on the iPhone X I’d love a ride report....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Best about it is, they want me to send it in for an assessment... FFS look at the bloody thing . Properly screwed...

D01

Likes Dirt
Why are all the phones so big these days? Aren't they cumbersome and a pain to pack while riding?
I've been looking for a phone to replace my old Sony Z3c, and the options are pretty limited if you don't want a big phone. There's only another Sony, or iphone to choose from.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Why are all the phones so big these days? Aren't they cumbersome and a pain to pack while riding?
I've been looking for a phone to replace my old Sony Z3c, and the options are pretty limited if you don't want a big phone. There's only another Sony, or iphone to choose from.
Stupid right!
It's just lucky the compact series are generally a solid phone. I had the z1c, z3c and now z5c. I wasn't impressed with the xc not getting waterproofing so I skipped that and might have a go at the new xz1c when it drops in price a bit.

Meanwhile, if any of the other manufacturers want to make a phone that's not the size of a tablet and still has a decent processor and camera I'll give them a look in. It feels like Sony are the only ones that want to make a phone for me

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Hopefully the SE2 is also a smaller form factor. Looks like a possible June announcement.

slowmick

38-39"
Pelican are pretty much the go to box for transporting expensive stuff. the best thing for putting your gear on an plane. didn't know they did phone cases. Cheers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Remember those days when the challenge was to make a small phone? Modern use of phones isn't compatible with smaller. If you have a tablet you could probably get away with having a not smart phone.

As for riding, phone goes in bag. Actually rarely goes in pocket. Phone is a full size Sony Xperia.

ozzybmx

Pelican are pretty much the go to box for transporting expensive stuff. the best thing for putting your gear on an plane. didn't know they did phone cases. Cheers.
They have done well again, never even seen a Pelican branded phone case before I started looking.

My S9+ was a pre order on the release date... the Pelican case arrived on the same day, 1 hour after the phone arrived, couriered shipping was here in 2 days.

As a bonus, they ask you to join the pelican club, either use this code below or join the club before buying, $5 off is better than nothing.

club+$5welcome

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Stupid right!
It's just lucky the compact series are generally a solid phone. I had the z1c, z3c and now z5c. I wasn't impressed with the xc not getting waterproofing so I skipped that and might have a go at the new xz1c when it drops in price a bit.

Meanwhile, if any of the other manufacturers want to make a phone that's not the size of a tablet and still has a decent processor and camera I'll give them a look in. It feels like Sony are the only ones that want to make a phone for me

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
The LG G6 is a solid performer, excellent camera, IP6, USB-c, and fuckall lag, even loaded to the gills with crappy background runners. 75x150x5mm in case. Little heavier than most current gen brain sappers, but much better battery performance than its more popular contemporaries. Can be had outright around the $fi-fiddy mark too.

John U

MTB Precision
I’ve been using iPhone for about 10 years. Currently on a 6. I’m fucking sick of it. Needs a charge while at work. Battery gauge is total fiction. Touch screen is really fucking frustrating.
I’m after something with at least 24 hour battery life. Preferably days.
Pixel looks to require a charge in less than 24 hours. Probably wouldn’t bother if that’s the case.
Is there anything on the horizon with decent battery life?