New Phone: Currently on iPhone.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I can get nearly 3 days out of a 100% charge on the S9+... though that may be a couple of calls and message or two a day. I also don't spend my life with the phone in my hand.
I'm lucky if I suck 30% off the battery in a day.

Z

Zaf

Why are all the phones so big these days? Aren't they cumbersome and a pain to pack while riding?
I've been looking for a phone to replace my old Sony Z3c, and the options are pretty limited if you don't want a big phone. There's only another Sony, or iphone to choose from.
XZ2 Compact is a pretty solid handset though.
Unihertz Atom might be worth a look as well, if you can wait for it. I'm thinking of getting one for the riding pack myself. Might be worth seeing if others are interested, because there's some bundle deals as part of the kickstarter that could make it pretty competitively priced.

John U

MTB Precision
Unihertz , fucking this phone is driving me nuts. Not sure how long I can wait.

How. Much? And when?

Reactions: Zaf
I’ve been using iPhone for about 10 years. Currently on a 6. I’m fucking sick of it. Needs a charge while at work. Battery gauge is total fiction. Touch screen is really fucking frustrating.
I’m after something with at least 24 hour battery life. Preferably days.
Pixel looks to require a charge in less than 24 hours. Probably wouldn’t bother if that’s the case.
Is there anything on the horizon with decent battery life?
mine has developed a dicky charge connection. When it has charge you have to position the cable just so for it to charge, but when it conks out (which is whenever I'm on the road) you cant see the little lightening bolt to tell you its charging so you have to use a braille type hit n miss method.

I can live without having a phone but I need to be contactable for work purposes all the time within reason, so I worry there's something going down I don't know about.

Fuck Iphones and the pancreas they rode in on

John U

MTB Precision
Mine has been doing that for fucking aaaggggggeeeeessssssss. It also heats up so much in my pocket that when I pull it out to answer it doesn’t register the answer touch no matter how many times you push it.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Any of you guys thought about booking an appointment with the Apple store geeks to at least find out what's wrong?

They are somewhat helpful.

John U

MTB Precision
Any of you guys thought about booking an appointment with the Apple store geeks to at least find out what's wrong?

They are somewhat helpful.
I have issues making an appointment, and then driving across town and turning up to said appointment, to deal with issues to their product. It’d be a different story if the store was local and I didn’t need to make an appointment.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
Thread too long didn't read.

I smashed my $79 ZTE phone a few months ago and lashed out on one of these.
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/372351132089?chn=ps
Tough phone, water proof etc etc.
It's great so far, it sends text, makes calls and looks up pron ...
The thing that sold it for me was the emergency button.
Hold a button and it sends a text to your nominated contact with a message "help me" or something with you GPS location.

Reactions: Zaf

D01

Likes Dirt
I got the ZX1 compact in the end, and am really happy with it. They finally got rid of the stupid glass backs and software bugs. I bought it off ebay from HK against my better judgement as the last phone I got from there was advertised as "Brand new - Sealed box" which actually meant phone is reconditioned and box it comes in is new and sealed!

scblack

Leucocholic
Has anybody got a small, cheap iPhone for sale?

My 11year old daughters iphone5 is not charging up. We need it for her contact and security while walking to and from school to home.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I don't think I'd be putting my email/login details on any of those cheap Chinese ebay phones.
Don't be scared... they can hack you on any system if they want to, won't find anything interesting on my phone.
I don't do any banking from my phone though, that's my wifes job.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
iphone SE is over. :(

With the ridiculous prices attached to the latest iphones ($2K phones? fark off), the iphone 7 is now the best option for a new phone.

Don't be scared... they can hack you on any system if they want to, won't find anything interesting on my phone.
I don't do any banking from my phone though, that's my wifes job.
late reply, I've got nothing to hide either, but I'm not about to make it easy.. VPN and encryption all the way down.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You can get the charge port replaced on iphones, to all those who have a dicky charge port.

Local guy out my way does it for $40. New battery for my 3 yr old iphone was $80.

You don’t need to sell a kidney when the phone won’t charge anymore

moorey

call me Mia
I went 10+ years without cracking one, despite serious abuse. Got it repaired with budget local place, cracked another 2 in a month. They were utter shite. If repairing, don’t skimp like I did...assuming there’s a better option.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
They don’t get it that some of us like to chuck a phone in a pocket and go for a ride. I can put up with a smaller screen because a smaller phone is more convenient in other ways.
zackly! Pretty robust units, just replace the glass screen protector every 6 months and a case every year (mine get scratched to shit with commuting as well)

John U

MTB Precision
Reading on my SE. Getting 2 days battery life at the moment.

Apple won’t be getting anymore of my money unless they release another SE like version at a similar price in the future. Guessing I’m good for a few years now though.

slowmick

38-39"
iphone SE is back at JB for christmas. 399 for 32 GB 499 for 128 GB.

Currently looking for a new phone so i can take pictures of the family and my bike.