New rider from SA

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I've been on these forums for a few days but I didn't notice this newbie introduction forum until now.

I'm 36 and getting back in to biking for exercise reasons.

From the age of 7 to about 20 I rode BMX, I actually had the same frame the whole time until the bike was stolen. I never had money growing up for parts but me and friends would always go to the tip after they close or on weekends with tools and bring back parts or whole bikes which we would use to upgrade/fix our own bikes or occasionally build a new bike.

Since I turned 25 I pretty much just drove everywhere and have slowly become out of shape, more so in the last 3-4 years since I quit smoking and started to gain weight. I've decided it's time for me to do something about it so I have recently bought a cheap GT Avalanche and have ridden it 4 times and each time have been able to ride further than the last and I'm starting to to become less buggered after each ride as well.

My GT is 13 years old so I'll be trying to get everything running smoothly and doing a few minor upgrades on a budget as I'm on a pension.

So far I would have to say I really love this forum, everyone has been very helpful and friendly as I know nearly nothing about mountain bikes and have had to ask a lot of questions.

This is my new machine that's going to help me get back in shape

Looking forward chatting with you all more and hopefully oneday I'll be one of the guys helping out newcomers too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

aanon

Likes Dirt
top stuff mate, have seen your other posts , good to see you are prepared to get off your arse and get shit happening.