New Rotecs in the near future

RCSully

Squid
The changes

Hey Rotec Crew,

So heres the skinny straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak....

I'am at this time releasing an offical view of the new 2011 Rotec RLi WC frame.

Geo to be announced in the form of the geo chart but in the time being I'll post this:

Head Angle: 64deg
BB Height: 14 inch

Rear Travel: 8.65
Leverage Ratio: 2.83:1

Weight: 10-11 pound with shock/spring.

RLi WC (Pro) gets the 9.5x3 Elka
RLi Race comes OE with Fox 9.5x3 RC4

Price: tbd, but you'll dig it.

The rear assembly is where most of the magic happened and where most of the weight loss came from.

As you can see, the new design offers a new sleek shape, lighter rear drop links, less bearings and hardware, new full width 150 rear with out board mounted floater so you can now use any 150x12mm on the market.

And what everyone's been after, a new and improved rear mech location thats not only closer to the rear axle but is now in a new and improved dropout pocket. CS and SS yokes have also been re-engineered along with new side plate gussets which are now only three pieces instead of 5.

I've set Kegs some 3-d cad views so hopefully he can get them posted for viewing.

Iam now working on our new family of bikes, the Split-pivot rear suspension from DW. These will be offered in three variations, 140mm XC, 165mm AM and a 206mm DH.

I am excited to see the folks downunder riding these over the next few years so hold on gang, the rides just starting!

Hey Kegs, make sure you punch their tickets on the fun train when it leaves the station!

Sully

Attachments

Last edited:

Blanco78

Squid
Hey Rotec Crew,

So heres the skinny straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak....

I'am at this time releasing an offical view of the new 2011 Rotec RLi WC frame.

Geo to be announced in the form of the geo chart but in the time being I'll post this:

Head Angle: 64deg
BB Height: 14 inch

Rear Travel: 8.65
Leverage Ratio: 2.83:1

Weight: 10-11 pound with shock/spring.

RLi WC (Pro) gets the 9.5x3 Elka
RLi Race comes OE with Fox 9.5x3 RC4

Price: tbd, but you'll dig it.

The rear assembly is where most of the magic happened and where most of the weight loss came from.

As you can see, the new design offers a new sleek shape, lighter rear drop links, less bearings and hardware, new full width 150 rear with out board mounted floater so you can now use any 150x12mm on the market.

And what everyone's been after, a new and improved rear mech location thats not only closer to the rear axle but is now in a new and improved dropout pocket. CS and SS yokes have also been re-engineered along with new side plate gussets which are now only three pieces instead of 5.

I've set Kegs some 3-d cad views so hopefully he can get them posted for viewing.

Iam now working on our new family of bikes, the Split-pivot rear suspension from DW. These will be offered in three variations, 140mm XC, 165mm AM and a 206mm DH.

I am excited to see the folks downunder riding these in the next few years so hold on gang, the rides just starting!

Sully
great work on the rear end, specially for the floating that now is out board.

I see ELKA on the wc, good news!
So it will be available also for the old RL9? Now in their site there is not Rotec in the application list.

RCSully

Squid
great work on the rear end, specially for the floating that now is out board.

I see ELKA on the wc, good news!
So it will be available also for the old RL9? Now in their site there is not Rotec in the application list.

We've been testing the stage5 with excellent results on the
latest series of RL so I'd say you're golden. Even better if you buy fresh instead of 2nd hand so they can tune it specfic to the model in house.

Their base line Setting on the aftermarket is close, but tuned
is by far better.

Either way you won't be disapointed.

In the end, depending on the demand I may just go Elka
on all the RLi's .....either way it's all a good thing.

RCSully

Squid
New Views

Alrighty gang,

Here are some cad views of the work done to the rear, minus the front tubesets.

Check out the full 150mm rear spacing and the outboard floater, yeah baby!

Sleek and sexy with over 500 grams of sprung weight removed off the rear alone.

Light weight yet stiff and strong.

sully

Attachments

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I am excited to see the folks downunder riding these in the next few years so hold on gang, the rides just starting!

Sully
This sounds really good.

RCSully

Squid
PHOTOS OF RLi ?????

:)
Damm, get off my leg!;)

Kidding aside, project is in works....I more then anyone whats to see this baby in metal form.

As soon as I have the rig in hand for a photo op I'll post.

And Blanco....knock that sH#t eattin grin off yer face :rolleyes:

Blanco78

Squid
Damm, get off my leg!;)

Kidding aside, project is in works....I more then anyone whats to see this baby in metal form.

As soon as I have the rig in hand for a photo op I'll post.

And Blanco....knock that sH#t eattin grin off yer face :rolleyes:
Thank You John.....:):):):):):)

muzzLe

Cannon Fodder
... i feel in love ... beatuiful, different ... just great :eek:

are there more differences between the "race" and the "wc" model than the shock?

will it be possible to order the elka with specific tuning (and probably with Ti-coil) or only with baseline setting?

good news about the geometry! exactly the way i hoped it to be. HA: 64°, BB: 14" :)
if the wheelbase is a bit longer than the RL9s', it would be PERFECT :eek::eek: ... and i think it's gonna be longer, due to the slacker HA

some nice ano finishes and a good price .... and i'll throw away all my thoughts about the '11 demo ;););)

really great work sully!!!

Last edited:

RCSully

Squid
New RLi update

Hey peeps,

I've been busy as of late so my bad for not staying on top of the updates.

Sorry, but no pics of protos.........yet!

We've already made several revisions to the rear CS dropouts, and SS dropouts as well as revising the SS tubeset and some slight tweeking overall.....from the last time I posted.

So now it's all up to the fab guys to work their magic!

Pricing hasn't been nailed down yet as there are still some issues being sorted and release dates are well......just not available yet as of yet..

These things take time boys (and girls) and all I can say is be patient as it will be worth the wait.

And don't forget, I've got my new split-pivots in the pipe too so its been a bear.

Thanks for the interest peeps, I appreciate the excitment for the new products and i'll try not to disapoint ya.

Sully

Hello Sully,

will the upcoming RLi WC be orderable from germany?
I am afraid, that I have to pay tax at the border.
Or will it be at chainreactioncycles?

Thanks

bcbud

Cannon Fodder
hey Sully, you need to post some shit up on the Canandian forums, we want those new Rotecs just as bad!!! Can't wait to see what they will look like. I really want one but I have a daughter and a wedding to take care of this year so I cannot justify getting a new frame, hope things go well with the new iteration it looks like it will be an awesome ride.....

I can´t wait for long. I want to buy a new frame and I love the lawwill design.
I hope it will be released soon, so I don´t have to buy another frame.

RCSully

Squid
Hey Trailrocker,

I understand your pain, i feel it everyday. Progress is painfully slow or so it would seem but the end result will be a rock solid design.

I foresee RL's in country (AU) sometimes in the first half of the year..and YES it would appear that I am skirting your question of an ETA but to be honest I just can't commit till I know its ready for all to own.

All I can say is that it will be next year (2011)......but not for your impending race season that has for the most part already begun.

I can appreciate you wanting the Lawwill design, I love the design too but if you can continue riding what you have, you will not be disapointed when the (4G) RLi arrives.

Thanks for supporting the cause.
Sully