New Rotecs in the near future

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Any updates on this??
The Rotec website has been down for ages and Sully (who's usually a regular at MTBR) hasn't logged on in almost 12 months.

tricycle

Banned
i herd this from a contact in the usa --- the owner of a so called bicycle company was arrested over importing an illegal substance in the frames of his bicycles,it seems the new curves were to aid removal of the substance.

tumble

Likes Dirt
i herd this from a contact in the usa --- the owner of a so called bicycle company was arrested over importing an illegal substance in the frames of his bicycles,it seems the new curves were to aid removal of the substance.
This makes me want one even more.

edit: Geez, I hope this isn't the case & maybe they are just flat out with prototyping.
Did some research & John still owns the domain "roteccycles.com" until June this year. That's all I can find. No-one has mentioned the brand earlier than this thread.

Maybe kegs can shed some light on this?

Last edited:

tbass

Likes Bikes
This makes me want one even more.

edit: Geez, I hope this isn't the case & maybe they are just flat out with prototyping.
Did some research & John still owns the domain "roteccycles.com" until June this year. That's all I can find. No-one has mentioned the brand earlier than this thread.

Maybe kegs can shed some light on this?

Sent a PM to Kegs and Sully a few weeks back trying to get some info on Rotec but so far there has been no response. Would be a shame if they were no more as by all accounts they were a good bike.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Sent a PM to Kegs and Sully a few weeks back trying to get some info on Rotec but so far there has been no response. Would be a shame if they were no more as by all accounts they were a good bike.
Yep, I also sent Kegs PM's here and on facebook and I've emailed all 3 of Sully's email addresses and PM'd him on MTBR and have had no response from any of them.

RCSully

Squid
Rotec is still alive.

Hey peeps, Rotec is still alive but no worries not gone. tbass ill get you the geo info.

I'll have a new site up shortly.

Sorry for not updating more. Just nothing to share. Rotec is have growing pains like most small companys these days. As more happens more will be told.

Im thankful to have so many loyal followers that believe in my company and what I've created over the years. Those who are fans of Lawwill will appreciate whats in the pipe so to speak.

And those who are, should be! lol

But when it comes down to it its all about the amighty $$ and its no different here in bike world.
Where's my angel's when i need them ;D

Peace,
Sully

Last edited:

tbass

Likes Bikes
Hey peeps, Rotec is still alive but no worries not gone. tbass ill get you the geo info.

I'll have a new site up shortly.

Sorry for not updating more. Just nothing to share. Rotec is have growing pains like most small companys these days. As more happens more will be told.

Im thankful to have so many loyal followers that believe in my company and what I've created over the years. Those who are fans of Lawwill will appreciate whats in the pipe so to speak.

And those who are, should be! lol

But when it comes down to it its all about the amighty $$ and its no different here in bike world.
Where's my angel's when i need them ;D

Peace,
Sully

Cheers mate. Glad to hear Rotec is still alive and kicking and you're not spending 10-15 yrs enjoying Bubba's company!!!

T.

RCSully

Squid
My field of dreams

Ahh, build it and they will come...., i'm with ya their mate!

The Lawwill design is in my opinion....is timeless!

It never goes out of style and in my case ours
just keeps getting better with time.

Best of all, it doesnt hurt having great customers
ripping it because they love the feel and performance it offers.

sully

elzormito

Cannon Fodder
2009/2010 RL9 owner asking for support..

Ahh, build it and they will come...., i'm with ya their mate!

The Lawwill design is in my opinion....is timeless!

It never goes out of style and in my case ours
just keeps getting better with time.

Best of all, it doesnt hurt having great customers
ripping it because they love the feel and performance it offers.

sully
Hey Sully,

I hope you still follow threads that feature your bikes. I´m experiencing problems with the rear end travel behaviour. Although I´m using the piggy back to its full extent, I can´t get a plush ride that also prevents me from bottiming out on a 30 inch drop into the flat. Any ideas what that could be, is my Roco coil WC shock broken?

Thanks for any advice, I´m kind of lost here, I already think about getting a Vivid R2C just to try something different..

Best regards,

Joerg from Germany

Last edited:

DirtDiggler

Likes Bikes
Shifting on the RL9

Add me to the list of people looking forward to pics of a prototype RLi!

Just something of interest to those still running an RL9, I significantly improved the shifting on my RL9 + saint derailleur by replacing the top derailleur jockey wheel with a 12 tooth, and the lower with 10 tooth...I had to remove the guide pin thing on the derailleur cage. The 12 tooth top jockey wheel has the effect of moving the derailleur closer to the cassette, as well as increasing chain wrap. The shifting is a LOT better...not perfect...but much better. I'm currently runng a 13T-25T cassette...if I went to a 11T-23T or similar I'd possibly run into problems again, but I think the solution would be to run a 13T top jockey wheel with the 10T bottom, however this would require converting the short cage saint deraileur to a medium cage.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
From their FB page on July 29th:

Okay peeps here's the lineup for the RC brand:

29er carbon hardtail called.........................SPARTAN
29er Alloy 5/6" All Mountain called ............REVOLUTION
26er Carbon 6" All Mountain called............6TWENTYSIXX
26er Alloy 5.5" All Mountain XC called.......M'lite
26er Alloy 7.5" All Mountain DH called.......D'lite
26er Alloy 8.75 Lawwill Downhill called......RLi

There's also a render of the RLi showing the outboard floating brake arrangement here: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/474113_382682375113158_1097070771_o.jpg
All the models are 2013. I'm sure they have a lot to do with introducing 5 new models. They'll be here soon enough :)