New Shuttle Trailer design

domtigani

Likes Dirt
That is absolutely incredible. I hope you can at least derive some form of profit or credit for your work, you definately deserve it!

Derka Derka

Likes Dirt
trailor

looks pretty good. I would really need to do a few shuttles in it too make sure before i comment any further? maybe 20 runs at oxy and i would understand it better??

Do you do a dirt jump version? the push up at Holly street is a killer!

markhood01

Likes Bikes
Been out of action for a while now due to injury and as many others do in this situation I have channelled my enthusiasm for mountain biking into other MTB related stuff. (sad really)
My particular obsession is shuttling & shuttle trailers.
I have a number of designs for shuttle trailers on the drawing board (well actually AutoCAD) and couldn’t resist the temptation to build 2 of them. These designs are a little more complicated than the average clunker and as such I have had to use video instead of stills to show them properly. (still missed out on some bits)

In case the video doesn’t show clearly the main features of these designs are:-
  1. One touch locking system capable of securing up to 9 bikes with a single lever.
  2. Side cut-outs enable the rider to walk into the trailer to place his bike on the trailer without the need to climb up on or any major lifting
  3. No shuttle damage ever. As the only part of the bike touching anything is the tyres.
  4. Pull out rear section that expands trailer from 4 bike capacity to 9 bikes.
  5. Fold-up or telescopic draw bar to reduce size of trailer for ease of storage. (grass is growing back in my yard already)
  6. Single draw bar to enable tighter turning/manoeuvrability.
  7. Wheel clamping system is lockable to enable the trailer to be left unattended for short periods of time reducing the chance of theft. (missing from the video)
Thinking that there maybe a real commercial potential in these designs I had gone to the trouble of applying for patents however after spending a considerable time manufacturing these two it would seem that the labour content alone may put them out of range for the average punter. Another consideration is that so many riders seem to be happy spending their weekends pushing their bikes up hill and are reluctant to even put in for petrol to shuttle let alone buy a shuttle trailer.
With this in mind what I need some rotoburn help on is:-
a) Am I flogging a dead horse with this?
b) If not, what are the most important features required in a shuttle trailer? (and what feature could I get rid of to save money)
Any who….. please follow the link & check out the video of them in action & let me know what you think.
Thanks
http://www.vimeo.com/8628469

Any comments would be appreciated.
Cheers
The link to the Vid doesn't seem to work anymore. Any chance of an updated link?

Cheers,

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
That because its nearly 4 years old!
He obviously did a search, found a topic he was interested and wanted to see the trailer, thus asked if the links could be updated. Is that so bad?

I mean for fark sake we jump down newbes throats when they don't search for topics already covered then when they do and ask for a simple link update they cop shit too.

So how about it unitec, got an update on how the trailer preformed, lasted, was improved upon?

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keen for update on this??
Here's his latest version. Compatible with 26, 650B, and 29er. Holds 7 bikes, plus a hitch mount on the back for another few (e.g. using a North Shore rack)

1555514_10152176048526171_1255754505_n.jpg

We're trying to convince him to make and sell a few more, so he can come back to Whistler this season....

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even just the centre rack that you could drop into the back of an existing trailer or Ute could be a winner?