New Spectral

Z

Zaf

That Cable routing is genius, very slick finish to the bike. Really feeling a 29er version of the Spectral is still a missed opportunity.
Also, I have been unable to find out if it's Boost or not, managed to keep that factoid under wraps. I do know the XS and S frames run a 210mm EtE shock, and the otehrs are all using a 230mm EtE though.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah, that's interesting. I've not seen boost mentioned anywhere. Would assume it's not if no-one has made a point of it. Although, it's weird as most new bikes are boos these days.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I saw an article this morning that mentioned the rear was 148. Might have been flow.

If we’re talking about looks I’m not loving it. Preferred the old style with the hump on the top tube. But it’s got some great features for sure.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I was going to wait for this before pulling the trigger on a Trance Adv and all the press id seen indicated they wouldn't update it (they didn't for the Strive).

Still happy with the Trance decision - not a fan of this design, the old one looked better.

Beej1

I too was hoping for a 29er version, and am surprised this brand still doesn't have anything other than XC bikes in that wheel size.

I too also prefer the old shape. I notice they've played with the rear pivot point a bit. It's still on the chainstay, technically, but it's connected to the seatstay above the axle - whereas I'm pretty sure the old version was a more traditional horst link (below) or level with the axle.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Looks great, I like some of the lower tiered models too - especially that Forest Flare frame option

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
I actually prefer it over the last model with kink in the top tube. Was thinking about a strive but might might wait to see the new one

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This new spectral seems a bit gimmicky to me. That seat post arrangement doesnt do it for me, and the cable cover is probably a good idea (in that it doubles as a stone guard) but the cables open and exposed at the bottom bracket exactly where you want them protected seems like a fail in execution.

Dunno. I'm still ok with the Trance - its a cleaner and more function over form design IMO. Just a pity about the blue and pink colour scheme...

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't spent a lot of time looking at this sector of bikes, but the blue alloy version seems pretty serious bang for buck.

Z

Zaf

This new spectral seems a bit gimmicky to me. That seat post arrangement doesnt do it for me, and the cable cover is probably a good idea (in that it doubles as a stone guard) but the cables open and exposed at the bottom bracket exactly where you want them protected seems like a fail in execution.

Dunno. I'm still ok with the Trance - its a cleaner and more function over form design IMO. Just a pity about the blue and pink colour scheme...
Cables below the BB is not an issue; they're totally fine down there and it's less of a pain in the arse than half the solutions companies have found going above the BB (Ghost Bikes can ignore that critique, what they've done on their AMR line of bikes is beautiful!!!).

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Has anyone pulled the trigger on one of these yet?
Seriously considering the CF 9.0 in the next couple of months but would like some real world feedback before I commit.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Jump on one of the Canyon Facebook groups or the Canyon Owners Club thread over on Pinkbike. Lots of new owners with feedback there.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Jump on one of the Canyon Facebook groups or the Canyon Owners Club thread over on Pinkbike. Lots of new owners with feedback there.
I'm not on Facebook but will check out the Canyon Owners Club thread on Pinkbike. Thanks for the heads up.