*NEW* Sun Ringle' tubeless wheelsets from - $659 (pair)

Petero

Likes Dirt

DW-1

Dirt Works
Hi Elvis, thanks for that! I have another question that you may or may not be able to answer. I'm a rather aggressive (read: unrefined) 90kg XC rider. If I was to choose one of these, which would you recommend?

(I can't post in the trading area)
hey Petero:

click back a page and read post 15 for more detail. (as I answered a similar post back there too)

But if I was you I'd be looking at the Charger over the Black Flag. Yeh... there is a weight difference. But in all seriousness, it's not a lot.

Plus the wider rim on the Charger (28mm v's 24mm on the Black Flag) will allow you to run slightly wider tyres on the Charger.

Now I know that you can run say, a Schwalbe 2.4" on a Black Flag. It's not like they don't fit on the narrower rim or anything. It's just that the wider rim will give a wider tyre a better shape and profile. (and still allow you to run narrow tyres for racing if you want)

So short version... if you're more of a "point n' shoot" kind of rider... go the Charger.

Elvis.

Petero

Likes Dirt
hey Petero:

click back a page and read post 15 for more detail. (as I answered a similar post back there too)

So short version... if you're more of a "point n' shoot" kind of rider... go the Charger.

Elvis.
Right you are, my bad for not completely reading the thread. I do agree that the Charger Pro's will most likely be my best option!