new toy

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
ok just had it up at the bike shop on the scales ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................19.5 kg!

diferent brakes why not?

i found that on my ht with mini's 165 rear and 185 front was great if not too much at the back so i thought ok 185 rear and 205 front but a bit more braking than the mini so lets go for a m4. simple really.

nick

Cruz

Likes Dirt
How have you found setting up the 5th element?

How it peforms?

Did you use the settings off of the Progressive Suspension site for Scotts?

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
the info on 5th's site is crap

this is the site to look at

www.TFtunedshox.com

the shock is a lot better now that i have a 600lbs spring. but i might get a 650 as well.

when pedaling seated there is no bob at all but if i get up then there is some movement. but i'm still playing with the settings.

a word about the 5th springs they only recomend 8mm of preload as any more can cause coil bind.
my shock is a 2" stroke but i'm running a 2.25" spring this allows an extra 0.25" 6.25mm of preload (150lbs) but fitting the spring is tight and some form of spring compressor will be required to remove it.

nick

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Set mine up with info from TF as well plus info from an e-mail from him. Wish someone as good as him operated in OZ to work on shocks and forks.

What happened to the intergrated mudguard on the frame, too cheezy?

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
the fender is back on as the crud guard did not fit rite and we are aproching the wet weather season here and it was easier to fit the cables etc without it there.

cruz what bike u got?

nick