New trails at Buxton

Has anyone ridden the new trails at Buxton MTB park, Cathedral Climb and Buxton Bom ? According to the Facebook page they're still a bit loose on account of no recent rain, but the pics are definitely interesting ! TrailScapes has a few more photos on their Facebook entry; looks like they're making good use of the local terrain:heh: Was thinking of taking a run at it over Easter...

Koper25

Likes Dirt
The jumps track looks sick, so keen to go. Will probably check it out over Easter. RB group ride anyone?

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Pics look real good, looks like nice smooth trails and some pretty decent sized jumps.
I cant wait to get out there also

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
The new jumps track is still closed till further notice. It is still very soft and there wouldn't be any point in riding it anyway.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
New flow track

Afaik, yes just need rain. Rode there last night and it sure is dusty dry.
Was up at Buxton today and walked up the new "flow trail".It looks great indeed,good jumps and well laid out but what was really disappointing was the amount of people riding it.this really grates me.So many(non digging )self serving pricks that don't care about anything apart from their own immediate fun.There is clear signage showing that the trail is closed.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Was up at Buxton today and walked up the new "flow trail".It looks great indeed,good jumps and well laid out but what was really disappointing was the amount of people riding it.this really grates me.So many(non digging )self serving pricks that don't care about anything apart from their own immediate fun.There is clear signage showing that the trail is closed.
It is typical behavior I'm afraid. Like the trails are a right.

Rode at Buxton today myself and took a short walk up the start of Cathedral Climb. Very nice work, but it was obvious that many had been riding it despite the signs. In my experience, without immediate consequences or someone looking over their shoulder, people often do the wrong thing when it suits them.
On my second lap, I decided to go down Skinny (Track 8) and found something odd. Where Skinny crosses over Cathedral Climb, a "Track Closed" sign had been planted across the continuation of Skinny where it runs down the hill. Seemed strange as the trail only goes another 20-25 m further before it rejoins the main Acheron Ridge loop and the sign would be more logically placed at the left turn of the Cathedral Climb junction, to (hopefully) prevent riders from using the new, unconsolidated trail. Somebody playing funny buggers maybe... ?

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Last week the sign was across Cathedral at the skinny intersection as I was riding up skinny. One person moves and orientates the sign to suit them and every rider after that doesn't know they are riding a closed track...

sundy

Likes Dirt
The new trail is apparently open now. The "trail closed" sign is gone (hopefully intentionally), and people were riding it on Saturday.
Unfortunately, one young fella crashed on the new descent and hit his head, and had to be air-lifted to hospital.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Rode there Sunday and most of the trails were ok except the last new stuff and the jumpy berm section to the carpark. That last bit wasn't worth riding and would have cut up the trails.
Also the trail down through the ferns was getting pretty wet
The rest was great with very few puddles