New trails at Buxton

big gags

Likes Bikes
I spoke to his dad yesterday. He said he had a concussion, but apart from that I think he was ok.
Must have been a couple of crashes - a mate of mine (Mat) had his son crash on the new jumps at Buxton on Sunday and ended up getting taken by ambulance to hospital with concussion and two broken arms!!!

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Gaps are 5 metres at a stretch with nice big landing ramps with good approaches and good out runs.The trail is well thought out and constructed.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Gaps are 5 metres at a stretch with nice big landing ramps with good approaches and good out runs.The trail is well thought out and constructed.
If you enjoy Stockyards at the Youies (Cressy, Boulder, Trav's), is Buxton worth the trip?

slowmick

38-39"
depends on what you are looking for. it is about the same driving time to both for me. i enjoy you yangs more. you yangs is long down hills followed by talking shit with your mates while you climb up the road. Buxton is more shorter ups and downs - less time to talk with your mates and less time spent going "weeeeee".

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Saw posted on Farcebook yesterday that Buxton will be closed for the season from June 11th (the Thursday after Queens Birthday) until September 19th. Be nice to the place & stay off it while it's closed.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
Saw posted on Farcebook yesterday that Buxton will be closed for the season from June 11th (the Thursday after Queens Birthday) until September 19th. Be nice to the place & stay off it while it's closed.
any ideas why ?? didn't give people much time to check out the new trails

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Think about it

any ideas why ?? didn't give people much time to check out the new trails
So you can get involved with your local club/trail builders to help maintain and improve whichever trail network you support instead of ruining someone's hard work on the trail by you riding all winter regardless of trail conditions.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Thinking back, the place did cop a hiding from storm damage last year; high rainfall saturating & softening the soil, reuslting in a propensity for trees to just decide to fall over randomly, occasionally ripping out or falling across big chunks of track. So I guess as much as anything it's cutting out the risk of peole having trees fall on them by not letting them in....

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Soil doesn't hold up with sustained rain that we cop North of the spur. It is already very slippery and looking a bit sorry for itself...

rvhilst

Squid
Buxton - worth riding now, or too wet?

Soil doesn't hold up with sustained rain that we cop North of the spur. It is already very slippery and looking a bit sorry for itself...
Hi all
can anyone advise if Buxton is worth riding this weekend, or is it too wet from the past week's rain?

Cheers
R