New Trails in Tassie.

BizL

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
I'm sure some of you know, but theres a new MTB park opening in the north of Tasmania tomorrow.
Its in the Hollybank Forest Reserve. I used to work there as a tour guide on the zipline system. Theres about 20km of new trails as well as refurbishment of existing trails and a skills/jump/pump track area.
Its been under construction by DirtArt for about the last six months or so and is looking killer.

http://flowmountainbike.com/post-all/new-trail-opening-hollybank-tasmania/

Theres also another new trail network going in up near Derby in the north east, being made by World trail.

https://www.facebook.com/WorldTrail/posts/836932676358333

:)

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
And for people who may not be aware, we also have a bike park in Penguin using the old speed way.

And a little bit of inside info, there's plans getting underway for building stuff on the west coast as well.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I went on that zip line thing on the weekend, and noticed some fresh trail work - just assumed it was for the Segways. You should tell you customers about the MTB trails as well ;)

Zip line entertaining. But I was not interested in making bird noises for the cameras...

BizL

Likes Dirt
Yeah the bird noise thing is more for the kids.
I haven't worked there since March. Working as an arborist now. But will be making a visit to Hollybank tomorrow.

And for people who may not be aware, we also have a bike park in Penguin using the old speed way.

And a little bit of inside info, there's plans getting underway for building stuff on the west coast as well.
Sounds good Skydome. The terrain around there, especially Queenstown is begging for it.
Can you offer any more specifics?

Hey guys,
I'm sure some of you know, but theres a new MTB park opening in the north of Tasmania tomorrow.
Its in the Hollybank Forest Reserve. I used to work there as a tour guide on the zipline system. Theres about 20km of new trails as well as refurbishment of existing trails and a skills/jump/pump track area.
Its been under construction by DirtArt for about the last six months or so and is looking killer.

http://flowmountainbike.com/post-all/new-trail-opening-hollybank-tasmania/

Theres also another new trail network going in up near Derby in the north east, being made by World trail.

https://www.facebook.com/WorldTrail/posts/836932676358333

:)
I rode all trails except the double blacks at Hollybank on the weekend. Absolutely amazing. Berms soooo big. I would recommend taking the shuttle option (check out Juggernaught Shuttles on FBook) to get to the top trail head. Tassie is set to take off in my opinion. There are some great tracks down south in Hobart as well such as the North South track and in Bellerive at Clarence Bike Park (Meehan Range).

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
There will soon be a new trail system in the north of Tassie. The plan is to create a cycle path/trail seperate to the road that will lead from Devonport to Latrobe's Warrawee reserve where a bike park will be build. Then from there the cycle path will continue across the Mersey River to Railton and on to Sheffield where a second bike park will be built. From Sheffield the trail will continue across the Badgers range and back to Devonport to make the loop around 60 - 70 km. Anyone interested here is the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/697666843614644/

beeza

Likes Bikes
Are the deby trails open for riding?

I'm heading down to tassie in mid november.

Ill ride hollybank, but does anyone have recomendations for the best riding anywhere in tassie?

Ill either travel with a trance or steel hardtail

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
Nothing ready at Derby at that time but certainly hit up Hollybank. Rode it on Saturday... can't get it out of my head!

[video=youtube;pesKd2GIbdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pesKd2GIbdA[/video]

What part of the state are you heading too and how long for?

Def bring the Trance!

beeza

Likes Bikes
No set itinerary, hoping to see most of the state.

Ill likely be there for 8 to 10 days.

That trail looks senseational.

Last edited:
Tassie - Hollybank trails notes at www.ridetasmania.com

For the Hollybank trails notes and info check out www.ridetasmania.com

Are the deby trails open for riding?

I'm heading down to tassie in mid november.

Ill ride hollybank, but does anyone have recomendations for the best riding anywhere in tassie?

Ill either travel with a trance or steel hardtail

Skydome

Sounds good Skydome. The terrain around there, especially Queenstown is begging for it.
Can you offer any more specifics?

Not too many specifics at the moment, as it is currently in the feasibility/discussion phase, at least for a trail network at Queenstown.

But one thing that has seen significant funding, is a trail hub in Zeehan, 1.1 million.

If anything more comes up I'll post details.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
one thing that has seen significant funding, is a trail hub in Zeehan
Makes sense, the best existing rides are in that area. Would be a great thing for tourism in the region too. The west coast is another world, blows my mind. People just need an excuse like this to go see it.

Skydome

Makes sense, the best existing rides are in that area. Would be a great thing for tourism in the region too. The west coast is another world, blows my mind. People just need an excuse like this to go see it.
The other reason for doing Zeehan first, is that it was probably a lot easier to build new trails if need be over Queenstown, or connect trails for loop rides etc.

I have made comments to the working group and they've indicated, as a long term goal subject to funding, they might investigate setting up a trail from Queenstown/Zeehan down to Penguin/Latrob Kentish bike park (Yes, there's another one getting planned) but that's like years and years away, first step is to get a trail network at Zeehan than Queenstown and than look at doing bigger things like that.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of the working group and zeehan trails hub.