New XC Trail Name?

Gripo

Eats Squid
They didn't make the TB any better....I don't recommend them on the TB

Went back to the 120/32, 140/34 are too tall/heavy for the TB.......140/34's are 35mm longer, 320g heavier than the 32/120's.....I'm saving the 140/34's for a Transition Bikes Two9 with 130mm rear travel, essentially it's a 29r trailbike.

trying out 140mm forks on the tallboy, are you running them or have you switched back to 120's.

Last edited:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
John, Are you running spokey dokeys?
Can't nail that little log step up huh?
Good to see you rode that loose switchback this time.
Never seem to see much wildlife on the trails myself, to busy trying to breathe I think.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Jason....I think that noise in the video is because I chose the lowest quality "sound" and it also might be the sticks trying to break my rear derailuer.....almost lost another derailuer on the way down at the turkeys nest that's where I stopped in the vid to remove a stick, I broke a derailuer yesterday on the Blur while riding RC.....freakn sticks.....

HATE the log step I'd take it out if it was my trail as it wrecks the flow, the bad corner isnt so bad I nailed it yesterday too. I also rode up the deviation around it this morning and only dabbed my foot to turn....the corner still needs a bunch of work to make a wide turning pad.

I'd also prefer if the trail wasnt bermed or benched too much, it would lose some of the tech challenge of watching where you place your wheels...you've got to think about your riding!

Last edited:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HATE the log step I'd take it out if it was my trail as it wrecks the flow, the bad corner isnt so bad I nailed it yesterday too. I also rode up the deviation around it this morning and only dabbed my foot to turn....the corner still needs a bunch of work to make a wide turning pad.

I'd also prefer if the trail wasnt bermed or benched too much, it would lose some of the tech challenge of watching where you place your wheels...you've got to think about your riding!
I wasnt a fan of the log step to begin with but when you get it right its a good achievement. I reckon the trail into could use a little widening so you can hold more speed into it. I find when dropping off it coming back up you can easily overshoot the trail and end up in the scrub.

Im not for berming every corner, but leaving them off camber encourages people to skid around them & is only going to create more maintenance. I'd rather be riding than maintaining.