newbie from canberra

MrLazy

Likes Bikes
Hi guys, just saying hi.

Im from canberra, have been on a road bike for the last 5 or so years and looking at getting a mountain bike and getting back into it :) Still at uni full time and working during the week as well.

A friend has a Giant Alias aluxx 6000 that he bought back in 2010 and has never used it, which hes looking at selling to me. Any idea on what it would be worth? (about $1200 when he paid for it)

see you out there some time!

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
where are you located man, if ou're north side i'd be happy to come have a look and tell you what its worth!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Hi guys, just saying hi.

Im from canberra, have been on a road bike for the last 5 or so years and looking at getting a mountain bike and getting back into it :) Still at uni full time and working during the week as well.

A friend has a Giant Alias aluxx 6000 that he bought back in 2010 and has never used it, which hes looking at selling to me. Any idea on what it would be worth? (about $1200 when he paid for it)

even in unused condition, i would not pay anmore than $500
the alias was a fairly entry level Giant, rockshox Dart forks are very basic, and the brakes were shimano m485's i think, which were not the best either.
but it could be a good platform to cut your teeth on, upgrade parts as you go
wolcome to RB, might see you out at bruce ridge some time!

Sprigo

Cannon Fodder
even in unused condition, i would not pay anmore than $500
the alias was a fairly entry level Giant, rockshox Dart forks are very basic, and the brakes were shimano m485's i think, which were not the best either.
but it could be a good platform to cut your teeth on, upgrade parts as you go
wolcome to RB, might see you out at bruce ridge some time!
I've just bought the same bike a 2009 Giant Alias, my first mountain bike, paid $230. It does need new tyres but that's about it for now.
Hopefully I can find some tyres that will be good all rounders.

Cheers
Sprigo

hey you mentioned you ride at Bruce ridge. I am new to MTB and have been riding at bruce ridge for a few months. I wanted to move up to stromlo but wasnt sure if it would too advanced?

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
Cheap rubber

I've just bought the same bike a 2009 Giant Alias, my first mountain bike, paid $230. It does need new tyres but that's about it for now.
Hopefully I can find some tyres that will be good all rounders.

Cheers
Sprigo
Hey Sprigo,
Here is cheap tyres if your still looking
http://www.velogear.com.au/bike-par...es/mountain-bike-tyres/mtb-tyres-offroad.html

If you are riding Bruce Ridge now then you will be able to ride Stromlo, there is a great number of trails that cater to all levels of riding. Stromlo is just much steeper and bigger area to cover. You could easily spend a whole day out there. Just head out there and take your time and enjoy yourself.

frensham

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, just saying hi.

OK, so a guy buys a bike for $1200 and NEVER uses it? If you believe that, you'll pay too much. It's worth no more than $500 as someone as already mentioned. Offer him $400 since he never actually uses it...