Newcastle Overnighter Roll Call

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not doing it this year. Last year broken me physically - it was and still is the furthest I have ever ridden, and the only time I've stayed up all night!

Still look back on it with pride having completed such a massive ride.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I'm not doing it this year. Last year broken me physically - it was and still is the furthest I have ever ridden, and the only time I've stayed up all night!

Still look back on it with pride having completed such a massive ride.
Great job completing it mate! That's all I'm aiming for this year. It'll be the furthest I'd ridden in one ride as well, but hoping to tag on a few bunches to make it easier.

What is this one exactly?
SC, it's a semi-organised ride from Sydney to Newcastle, leaving from Observatory Hill at 9pm on 28th November and the aim is to arrive at Merewether Baths in Newcastle for sunrise. Costs bugger all to enter and there are food/refreshments stationed along the way. Definitely not a race, more a ride that attracts all sorts (heard someone rode it fixed last year).

More details here: http://newcastleovernight.com

scblack

Leucocholic
SC, it's a semi-organised ride from Sydney to Newcastle, leaving from Observatory Hill at 9pm on 28th November and the aim is to arrive at Merewether Baths in Newcastle for sunrise. Costs bugger all to enter and there are food/refreshments stationed along the way. Definitely not a race, more a ride that attracts all sorts (heard someone rode it fixed last year).

More details here: http://newcastleovernight.com
An overnighter? Ok, not very likely for me then. Cheers though.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not sure if I can make it this year.

I've done the previous two years. The first year doubled my previous longest ride distance, it rained all night and I broke a spoke on a 16 spoke wheel with 40kms to go. Last year we set a crazy fast pace (29km/h average?) and got in well before sunrise..

It's a great and very accessible ride. Some people will take 16+ hours to do it on fixies/cruisers/tandems/folding bikes, etc.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I'm not sure if I can make it this year.

I've done the previous two years. The first year doubled my previous longest ride distance, it rained all night and I broke a spoke on a 16 spoke wheel with 40kms to go. Last year we set a crazy fast pace (29km/h average?) and got in well before sunrise..

It's a great and very accessible ride. Some people will take 16+ hours to do it on fixies/cruisers/tandems/folding bikes, etc.
Sorry for the late reply Nat! Are you definitely out this year? I've got one person to ride with at this stage, haha. We might hate each other after 9 hours riding though. Definitely won't be hitting 29km/h average, but 25km/h would be nice. Let me know if you or any of the guys who did the Wiseman's Ferry ride are going and I'll see you there!