Newcastle Resurrection

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
theres a crew of young guys i see riding past my place on dh bikes(bottom of sugarloaf) theyve been doing some decent work on sugarloaf, one of the kids lives in the house built at the bottom that was responsible for blocking that bottom cool bit of trail off, unfortunately that where thyve done the best trail work but can only ride it with him haha on a trail bike its not too bad to duck along the fire road at the bottom anyway, not like pedalling a dh bike along it, the shuttle road will be open soon. Heaton forest was runnin before the april storms but last time i rode up and across to it there was about 9 trees over the first 2 minutes of it, after that it wasnt too bad so that leaves nearly 3 minutes of solid dh trail but its a pain in the ass getting down the all the first stuff since its too steep to walk down nicely(easier to ride haha) but being that steep is why thats where all the trees came down. Theres a couple good old trails on the southern(mandalong end) of the watagans but theyre better used as part of a trail ride, hence why i can be included in that group of sellouts that sold the dh bike and cut back to just the 160mm bike haha
Haltz are you able to make a post or pm me when Sugarloaf's main access road re-opens please? It's a great place to ride.

Watagans has heaps of good stuff, just need to watch out for motos.

morticus

Likes Dirt
And to think I just moved back to Newcastle without a DH bike. Seems like I'm not missing much, 2 of the best tracks no longer rideable!

haltz

Likes Dirt
And to think I just moved back to Newcastle without a DH bike. Seems like I'm not missing much, 2 of the best tracks no longer rideable!
Didn't even realise man welcome back! Yeah you know it turned to shit when I only own a trail bike!

haltz

Likes Dirt
Haltz are you able to make a post or pm me when Sugarloaf's main access road re-opens please? It's a great place to ride.

Watagans has heaps of good stuff, just need to watch out for motos.

Coming along. They've opted for a solid concrete retaining wall and we're pouring a lift that brought it pretty much up to road height so they shouldn't be too far off opening the road back up. As for the track for the most part it's sick. Just needs a good rake but the last of the top switchback right now is nearly the first time I've looked at something and actually thought I'm not sure that's ridable haha I got away with it but it's not something I'd like to do over and over so when the road opens i might head up and chill it out a bit haha

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes

Coming along. They've opted for a solid concrete retaining wall and we're pouring a lift that brought it pretty much up to road height so they shouldn't be too far off opening the road back up. As for the track for the most part it's sick. Just needs a good rake but the last of the top switchback right now is nearly the first time I've looked at something and actually thought I'm not sure that's ridable haha I got away with it but it's not something I'd like to do over and over so when the road opens i might head up and chill it out a bit haha
When you're headed up next, care to shoot me a PM? It would be awesome to revisit the track again, just with a few fresh faces to do it with.

haltz

Likes Dirt
When you're headed up next, care to shoot me a PM? It would be awesome to revisit the track again, just with a few fresh faces to do it with.
We'll be riding up Sunday if you've got a trail bike, be going up the road down the dh track, up another climb to come down my personal track that's in that area then up another climb to come down the old killi dh, but the second that roads open shuttles are on haha

Roy Turner

Likes Bikes
We'll be riding up Sunday if you've got a trail bike, be going up the road down the dh track, up another climb to come down my personal track that's in that area then up another climb to come down the old killi dh, but the second that roads open shuttles are on haha
As good as this weekend would be I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place (either a glory or single speed DJ). Rather than slow you guys down on the climbs I mighy just have to wait until the shuttles are back on again. But when the road is open you can count me in for some shuttle action! Thanks for the offer.

Stubs

Cannon Fodder
Although not in Newcastle, it is close. Has anyone been riding at Rossgole near Aberdeen lately?

haltz

Likes Dirt
Although not in Newcastle, it is close. Has anyone been riding at Rossgole near Aberdeen lately?
Havnt ridden it myself for at least a year but it gets some love every now and then just one of them tracks you don't bother going to with out rain haha

Stubs

Cannon Fodder
Iv been riding there myself for the past 7 years on and off. Although got back on the dh bike not so long ago and it looks like the track has been reasonably well maintained. RG drips loose and dust