newcastle women's ride network

shineslike

Likes Bikes
hi folks,

i have recently started to realise that there are heaps of chicks that actually ride in newie - we just don't know one another, and so there is no strong network of girls who ride. and because girls ride differently to guys, it would be great to get a girl's ride network going.

so let's actually put together a few social rides, and exchange details so that everyone can get to know some other ladies who might be fun to ride with too.

if you, or someone you know, might be interested, pm me your details (phone and email) and we can start up a little network.

cheers!

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
You should put this on the GTA forum as well.

Feel free to try and convince my wife to get back on the bike. I'd be eternally grateful.

shineslike

Likes Bikes
sammydog, if you think she might be keen, we would love for her to join us on the trails. the first group ride is looking at happening on 10 january 2010. will send through more details when they are confirmed.

:)

newcastle womens ride network

Hi Guys,

Sorry this is a bit OT.

I am in Newcastle visiting the folks in a couple of weekends. They are at Toronto and Im looking for a nice 3 - 4 hour trail run preferably a loop not too far from there.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

Sorry this is a bit OT.

I am in Newcastle visiting the folks in a couple of weekends. They are at Toronto and Im looking for a nice 3 - 4 hour trail run preferably a loop not too far from there.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
It probably depends on what your def of "not to far" is.

Awaba mtb park (see: www.hmba.asn.au) is probably your best bet as far as I know. There is certainly lots of bush for exploring in that area so there is probably endless fire trail.

shineslike

Likes Bikes
first ride out

the inaugural newcastle girl's ride is going to take place this coming sunday at 8am, meeting at the gunclub road entrance to glenrock. if you want to come along, just feel free to rock on up. hopefully we will get a few people. and i am thinking of bringing scones and tea or something for after the ride. huzzah! might as well make it a fun social event all round.

looking forward to seeing anyone who can make it.

judyt

Cannon Fodder
road rides

hi folks,

i have recently started to realise that there are heaps of chicks that actually ride in newie - we just don't know one another, and so there is no strong network of girls who ride. and because girls ride differently to guys, it would be great to get a girl's ride network going.

so let's actually put together a few social rides, and exchange details so that everyone can get to know some other ladies who might be fun to ride with too.

if you, or someone you know, might be interested, pm me your details (phone and email) and we can start up a little network.

cheers!

Hi there, and I'm a road bike-r. Anyone feel like a road pedal now and then? Am new to biking, but reasonably fit, and free most weekday mornings after 9ish.
pls reply to this post if you're keen. am a cooks hill local..