Newly Released Bikes General

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Do it.
A little present to yourself for surviving the current bullshit that’s been thrown your way.

Atleast that’s the justification I’ll be using when I buy my new bike.
the thought has crossed my mind, especially with what a used 2018 Trance would bring these days...

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm having terrible thoughts about the new Salsa, will be interesting to see the reviews.
So tempting, and available in alloy

Haakon

Sell your current rig while the market is hot and get something fresh (and not giant) when you're back on the wheels.
No, I’ll be good. Even with current prices, Ill keep it. It’s way more bike than I’ll need for quite a while - I’ll be keeping it at XC style riding for a while I reckon.

Not sure I’d go carbon again for the next trail bike though. If Trance X, I’d go a lower end alloy model and sway the NX for an SLX/XT drivetrain. Wish I’d gotten one of those cheap Banshee frames a while back though...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No-one would ever like carrying something on their back.

They might like having what they carry in their backpack, but no-one likes wearing one...

Putting that stuff on the bike is oodles more efficient & sensible.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

They might like having what they carry in their backpack, but no-one likes wearing one...

Unless your bottle cage mounts are on the bottom of the downtube.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah until you actually have to use it. Tried the urgently swatting at my downtube for a stupid bottle and hated it. Camelbak is miiiiiiiles more convenient and as I sweat like a pig the moment it gets above 18 degrees the extra precipitation is barely noticeable. Plus I've had more than one stack where I reckon it's saved me from injury too.

Haakon

I'm the opposite - keep as much off the bike as possible. Stuff on the bike is "unsprung" weight, i like to keep everything in the camelbak where it doesn't effect handling.