Newly Released Bikes General

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don’t even notice the camelbak, it’s just normal. I carry a pump tube patchs multitool tyre levers chain link snacks snake bite bandage (after that tiger struck out at me one day riding alone at kowen...) phone and of course the water. Somewhere to stash a layer of clothing too. That’s a lot of stuff to find room for on the bike...
We may now we have metal in our shoulders.
I'm already looking into fanny packs lol. I'm going full enduro ha ha

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No-one would ever like carrying something on their back.

They might like having what they carry in their backpack, but no-one likes wearing one...

Putting that stuff on the bike is oodles more efficient & sensible.
And pure dork. I leave my backpack on the shuttle pig or under a tree at the trail head, right where I need it between laps.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Do you have any allen keys?

I'm out of water. Can I have some of yours?

Shit my bottom bracket is loose. Can I borrow your tool?

Fuck! So much brake fade. Can I borrow your bleed kit?

It's bleeding a for bit. Do you have a bandage?
There was a great page in a stay at home Dad's group I was in that was "what's in your pack" and it was pure Macgyver, the least shit you could carry to get through any situation with a kid that shit and puked every 20min. I'll take a pick of everything I carry in the morning, should be fun to see what people carry and why.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 367372

Henty hip pack
Pump yes
Tube yes
Pads yes
Wet wipes in a ziplock no, nice idea
Bandage yes + first aid kit
Whistle no
Jacket, no
CO2 yes (several)
Tyre plug kit yes
Piece of tyre tube, no
Velcro, yes
Tyre levers and quicklink remover, yes, several
Multitool and chain breaker yes
Cable ties yes
Zip lock bags to carry it all, yes,

Plus
Spoke key,
Food,
Gels,
Lube,
Multi tool,
Spare cleats and bolts
Rotor bolts
Shifter / dropper cable

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I weight ~120kg clothed, you can’t tell me a 2kg pack On my back is going to make a discernible difference over shit attached haphazardly to my frame.
I think we need to get you naked...and taped. Then into the wind tunnel wearing only the back pack. Then same, but the gear is on your frame...then we will know the truth! Maybe a ride on the gravatron as well.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Last time my tube got used was on a group ride and someone was going to walk it out and go home. I’m still surprised people go out without some basic “avoid walking home” stuff with them...

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last time my tube got used was on a group ride and someone was going to walk it out and go home. I’m still surprised people go out without some basic “avoid walking home” stuff with them...
Sometimes I think my mates only ride with me because I carry everything and they do fuck all maintenance and carry no spares. The last tube I put in my own bike must have been 2011 when I still rode my Gary Fisher but I seem to have purchased a few over the last 12 months....

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sometimes I think my mates only ride with me because I carry everything and they do fuck all maintenance and carry no spares. The last tube I put in my own bike must have been 2011 when I still rode my Gary Fisher but I seem to have purchased a few over the last 12 months....
start charging a call out fee ;)

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I carry a tube and c02, but lately after a struggle trying to unseat a tyre with rimpact insert to swap it over, I've been wondering what's the damned point of carrying a tube if I can't get the tyre off anyway?? Might as well just roll out flat on the insert.

Reactions: SDA

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I carry a tube and c02, but lately after a struggle trying to unseat a tyre with rimpact insert to swap it over, I've been wondering what's the damned point of carrying a tube if I can't get the tyre off anyway?? Might as well just roll out flat on the insert.
Stan's dart is your friend

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
i have a henty, its made for dude with 40~45 inch guts, the strap lengths is "murica spec :oops:
Yeah they're pretty stupidly long and they don't offer a way to neatly fold them away either. That said I didn't notice them after a while.