Newly Released Bikes General

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Not so much a "newly released bike" - but see from 18th Oct there are frame-only Commencal Meta TRs for sale in a very nice shade of green.

slowmick

38-39"
What's in the box: Frame, shock installed. Seat clamp. Headset cups, bearings and crown race.

So i guess that $3499.90 + $22.44 freight to your door.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
See the new Banshee frames are up on mtbdirect now.. $3,359.95. goddam
The rrp of $3500 includes dropouts. Stuffed if I can figure out why MTBdirect make you purchase them as a separate item? Are they trying to look like they are discounting the frame by $140?

Boom King

2299 USD RRP for the Rune V3 - at current exchange rates and GST the price is $3720. Seems Keith is looking after his fans in Oz...
You can't add GST to USD RRP as the US have equivalent taxes in their retail pricing. A previous Australian Banshee distro has looked at the numbers and reckons they should be sub $3K

slowmick

38-39"
I saw that post too - I got a little excited..
Not cure i agree on the pricing though. Pretty much all retail prices in the US is shown ex tax in magazines/websites as the tax varies from state to state. In Oz advertised RRP includes GST as you are unlikely to buying things GST free in a retail environment.
Either way it is a butt load of cash for a frame.

Boom King

I saw that post too - I got a little excited..
Not cure i agree on the pricing though. Pretty much all retail prices in the US is shown ex tax in magazines/websites as the tax varies from state to state. In Oz advertised RRP includes GST as you are unlikely to buying things GST free in a retail environment.
Either way it is a butt load of cash for a frame.
He did say he could still get frames if enough people wanted them......

gillyske

Likes Dirt
See the new Banshee frames are up on mtbdirect now.. $3,359.95. goddam
Banshee was never really a budget brand however you can get a whole bike from Commecal for around $4000.
If for what ever reason my frame broke but enough of the big components survived... mmmaayyybeee I'd get this if I had run out of crash replacement. Direct sales bikes are getting so good I'm not sure why you'd consider this if you were building from scratch.