Newly Released Bikes General

moorey

call me Mia
A good result for Felix! I'm not entirely sure how the timing worked and junior was a typical teen who knows everything but didn't understand the details, looks like a few more runs would have improved his position after a couple of crashes.
Unlimited runs, 3 tracks. Juniors combined best run on each track. Everyone else had to do at least 2 timed runs on each and combined the times. I did 12 total, but my times were consistent AF, so reckon I did about as much as I could.

Cheers, Felix gave it all for sure. Quinn too. HE had a cold, struggled to breathe. Unlike me, he pushed through.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know anything about how the age ranges work, but my son couldn't race under 15's and was in adults as a 14 year old.
He managed #7 3:56, #6 2:55, #4 7:40 which was pretty good but he only did two runs of each (NFI why) and his second times were less good due to crashes and dropping the chain. I suspect he didn't realise how the timing worked or he would have had another crack at Rockwell

moorey

call me Mia
I don't know anything about how the age ranges work, but my son couldn't race under 15's and was in adults as a 14 year old.
He managed #7 3:56, #6 2:55, #4 7:40 which was pretty good but he only did two runs of each (NFI why) and his second times were less good due to crashes and dropping the chain. I suspect he didn't realise how the timing worked or he would have had another crack at Rockwell
Usually based on age at event, but sometimes based on age at 31/12.
Two runs of each doesn’t sound like much, but they were a bloody tough slog.
All pedals for Rockwell 7+ minute runs.
Tough uphill pedal after Travs when you’re already flogged.
Hard sprint on end of Lactic.
6 runs was plenty for most. I’m a sadist.

He flogged me on all but the Rockwell pedal fest. Bastard.

danncam

Likes Dirt
IOTE="moorey, post: 3495455, member: 1619"]
Yeah, there’s a lot getting around. Aesthetically me no like, but great bang for buck, and the people I know who have them, reckon they ride great.
[/QUOTE]
They are opening a shop front at the base of the red hill trails in Dromana

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Usually based on age at event, but sometimes based on age at 31/12.
Two runs of each doesn’t sound like much, but they were a bloody tough slog.
All pedals for Rockwell 7+ minute runs.
Tough uphill pedal after Travs when you’re already flogged.
Hard sprint on end of Lactic.
6 runs was plenty for most. I’m a sadist.

He flogged me on all but the Rockwell pedal fest. Bastard.
It was his first race, he had a great time so that's all that really matters. He can win a sheep station and a plastic trophy at the next one!

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Review of the Atherton AM150 which is positively glowing. I don't mind Enduro reviews, they're normally happy to point out the flaws in a bike (see the recent review of the GT Force for example).

The 175 mm FOX Transfer dropper post couldn’t be fully inserted into the frame – what a pity!
NO DEAL!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

Review of the Atherton AM150 which is positively glowing. I don't mind Enduro reviews, they're normally happy to point out the flaws in a bike (see the recent review of the GT Force for example).
I normally like their reviews too but that was rubbish. Sounded like a paid pink bike review. Bike is brilliant both up and down hill. The wafer thin chainstay wrap magically erased all noise. Bike is suited for any terrain on the planet.

:rolleyes: