Newly Released Bikes General

Scotty T

Walks the walk
It's just so weird that what was the most backward motorcycle company in the world is now doing this and seemingly doing pretty well. I can't see any of the Harley owners I know ever riding one. This one would be a commuting weapon, but also $3k more than what I built, and don't appear to be available in Aus yet, and if they were would be 25km/h limited. Every morning we fly past people with 25km/h limited e-bikes, it makes me quite sad for them.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It's just so weird that what was the most backward motorcycle company in the world is now doing this and seemingly doing pretty well. I can't see any of the Harley owners I know ever riding one. This one would be a commuting weapon, but also $3k more than what I built, and don't appear to be available in Aus yet, and if they were would be 25km/h limited. Every morning we fly past people with 25km/h limited e-bikes, it makes me quite sad for them.

Can you kindly stop promoting illegally modifying eBikes? If you want to have the debate over the politics surrounding it, there's the politics or environmental threads - but just blatantly saying you're not following the rules is not on. Pretty sure if you said "Every morning we fly past people sticking to 60km/h speed limits in their cars while we do 100, it makes me quite sad for them" everyone would call you out for being a twat. While you assume you're okay because you believe you're a competent rider, it doesn't mean others are - nor does it mean other pedestrians/cyclists want you going more than 25km/h past them on your heavy-arse eBikes. Ploughing into a pedestrian that doesn't hear you coming at 35-40km/h would also end badly for both parties, but mostly you given you've chipped/derestricted your electric (motor)bike and you'd likely be held liable if the other party was injured. /Rant.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
So the rider could get better return on their pedal strokes by trying the revolutionary idea of gears rather than a motor?
Yeah but what's more hipster than a single speed? An E-single speed!!!

The "Rush" commuter versions have a "Enviolo AUTOMATiQ is an electronically controlled CVT rear hub that automatically and constantly adjusts the gear ratio to maintain the rider’s optimal pedaling cadence even as terrain or speed changes"
But the MTB Bash or the urban version called the Mosh are single speeds.
Maybe someone will buy them lol

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you kindly stop promoting illegally modifying eBikes? If you want to have the debate over the politics surrounding it, there's the politics or environmental threads - but just blatantly saying you're not following the rules is not on. Pretty sure if you said "Every morning we fly past people sticking to 60km/h speed limits in their cars while we do 100, it makes me quite sad for them" everyone would call you out for being a twat. While you assume you're okay because you believe you're a competent rider, it doesn't mean others are - nor does it mean other pedestrians/cyclists want you going more than 25km/h past them on your heavy-arse eBikes. Ploughing into a pedestrian that doesn't hear you coming at 35-40km/h would also end badly for both parties, but mostly you given you've chipped/derestricted your electric (motor)bike and you'd likely be held liable if the other party was injured. /Rant.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Just buy a "motor bike" if you want to go that fast in the motorized traffic.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sliders are back baby!
ARC8 Evolve FS

Actually looks like a reasonable application for them, though I’d prefer hard-chroming (on stainless rods) rather than hard-anodised aluminium. Shame about the headset cable routing, though I loved this comment/rebuttal from the manufacturer and potential buyer:

Well countered I thought… :p

PJO

in me vL comy
Sliders are back baby!
ARC8 Evolve FS

Actually looks like a reasonable application for them, though I’d prefer hard-chroming (on stainless rods) rather than hard-anodised aluminium. Shame about the headset cable routing, though I loved this comment/rebuttal from the manufacturer and potential buyer:
View attachment 389984

Well countered I thought… :p
Have they ever really gone away?
cough (switch infinity) cough
Something caught in my throat.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I wonder if the guy who could ride faster than me without the motor felt sad for me?

I wonder how pedestrians or slower riders feel about him flying past at 35-40km/h, and he doesn't have a bell or call out that he's passing but he has a lighter bike?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just buy a "motor bike" if you want to go that fast in the motorized traffic.
You must have missed the bit where I talked about the bike being as fast as a fairly fast road cyclist.

Maybe wife I should just get back in the car because someone on the internet is upset about the bikes?

Anyway, I'll keep the highly dangerous heavy motorcycle out of this thread, all good.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Last edited: