Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've never been a fan of the Knolly aesthetic previously, but damn this new prototype Endorphin frame looks hot! 135, 140 or 150mm rear travel, mullet or -wait for it- full 27.5" (despite what Levy says in the video about full 29er, Knolly commented that it was mullet or full 27.5").

(Excuse the potato-cam Utube screen-grab)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've never been a fan of the Knolly aesthetic previously, but damn this new prototype Endorphin frame looks hot! 135, 140 or 150mm rear travel, mullet or -wait for it- full 27.5" (despite what Levy says in the video about full 29er, Knolly commented that it was mullet or full 27.5").

View attachment 392071
*superboost

but yes looks good for a Knolly.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

View attachment 392071
Great looking bike

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
He also wants to buy a 36” wheeled bike. :p Wonder if superboosty will appear on more bikes soon. Still lots of normal boost coming out.
Not much will change when they cant even keep up with the supply of current standards.

I firmly believe if it wasn't for corona, we would already be at 157mm.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

View attachment 392071
That is a dramatic improvement on anything they've done previously.

That straight line between the seatstay and top tube is a good time.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
That is a dramatic improvement on anything they've done previously.

That straight line between the seatstay and top tube is a good time.
Agreed, although doubt those clean lines will be consistent across sizes. That curly down tube still screams 2014 Giant Anthem to me too.

LPG

likes thicc birds
New Bird Aeris 9...

I'm considering replacing my existing V1 AM9 with this. How to get it to Aus though now they're not shipping here. I love how there isn't a covid tax on it. The frame is pretty much the same price as the AM9 frame I bought 3 years ago.

Or I could get a nicolai nucleon frames with supre drive but I don't know if ai could justify it. I think flying to the UK and collecting a bird would be cheaper.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Let see if the headset cable routing is fad or more than that. I'm sure it will improve as time moves on since we kind of get stuck with these 'innovations' like it or not.
The comments on Pinkbike and Vital are at least consistently (and passionately) negative.

Might be one where consumer pressure wins out after a couple of years. It'll help sell bikes to newbs in showrooms for the moment because the bikes look neat, but won't help when they have to pay to get them serviced (people buying bikes with through-headset routing are unlikely to be the type to work on their own bikes IMO), or when the brake hose starts rubbing through the steerer (or even worse, if the steerer rubs through the brake hose), or rubs through the frame (the headtube is a fairly important area of the frame, lol). And then of course it's another point of dirt and water ingress that means headset bearing replacements will be required more frequently, extra labour $$$ at the LBS for "through-headset tax" and pre-covering potential rework when shit rubs through down the track - because even though the cable were setup correctly at time-of-install they've slipped and are now sawing through stuff, and then you can't buy replacement of the obcsure proprietary headset parts, new frame required, etc... Might be education by financial suffering I'm thinking.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I think flying to the UK and collecting a bird would be cheaper.
I before I bought my Transition Smuggler I was tossing up between it (online store purchase) and buying a Scout in the US as I was going to be over there for a training course.

The Scout was cheaper initially but not by much, then I was contemplating luggage insurance for when I flew back with it and ultimately the Smuggler was cheaper shipped (and paid with PayPal so some peace of mind).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I before I bought my Transition Smuggler I was tossing up between it (online store purchase) and buying a Scout in the US as I was going to be over there for a training course.

The Scout was cheaper initially but not by much, then I was contemplating luggage insurance for when I flew back with it and ultimately the Smuggler was cheaper shipped (and paid with PayPal so some peace of mind).
Luggage insurance? Do you have house and contents insurance? If it doesn't cover your stuff to some degree on international travel...you need a better insurer!

1.2kg is a lot of saved weight on those patrols...and they look nice.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Luggage insurance? Do you have house and contents insurance? If it doesn't cover your stuff to some degree on international travel...you need a better insurer!

1.2kg is a lot of saved weight on those patrols...and they look nice.
Didn't have a house at the time (lived on campus at GGS), and travel insurance was through my company so bare bones. Wasn't worth the risk of the having the Airlines "find a new home" for my newly purchased bike.

Also, I'm a man of the times and like to stay relevant in this ever changing world of fashion, so ultimately the 29er was the ONLY option. 27.5 is so 2016 don't ya know :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Didn't have a house at the time (lived on campus at GGS), and travel insurance was through my company so bare bones. Wasn't worth the risk of the having the Airlines "find a new home" for my newly purchased bike.

Also, I'm a man of the times and like to stay relevant in this ever changing world of fashion, so ultimately the 29er was the ONLY option. 27.5 is so 2016 don't ya know :p

Can't trust travel insurance at the best of times. They would have smashed the brand new bike with depreciation.