Newly Released Bikes General

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeti_SB_160_T3_2023_FR_END_WEB_Res-6939-1140x760 (2).jpg

Definitely a bit of spot the difference going on between this and the SB150 it replaces. Adoption of a threaded BB is interesting, size specific chainstays now like everything else and new XXL size. Confident it'd be a shitload of fun to ride.

Edit: awaiting the hot takes of something to do with dentistry and / or it's made of wet newspaper. Aaaaand.... go!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Matt Beer's review on Pinkbike is pretty positive.
Also, it lends some support to the fact that Richie looks like he is riding a BMX all the time. It is a bike built for racing, not to help dentists ;) feel stable/confident

I appreciate the new colours on offer, the Turquoise, while iconic, is pretty bland.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 394356
Definitely a bit of spot the difference going on between this and the SB150 it replaces. Adoption of a threaded BB is interesting, size specific chainstays now like everything else and new XXL size. Confident it'd be a shitload of fun to ride.

Edit: awaiting the hot takes of something to do with dentistry and / or it's made of wet newspaper. Aaaaand.... go!
If the same touches get applied to the SB130 that'd be the sweet spot IMO (mostly for the longer chainstays on larger sizes).

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Interesting Yeti have gone back to plastering a big ‘Yeti’ on the downtube vs nothing on the previous model. Looks like a good refinement. Rumour has the SB130 going to 140.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice looking bike, but Yeti's usually are.
There's no way I'd justify spending that much on a bike, but would be fun to get a couple of runs in on and one and see if it feels as it looks.

The blue looks really good, will be interesting to see how popular it is though. Turquoise = Yeti. If you're rolling around a blue bike you could just be riding any old thing!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Interesting Yeti have gone back to plastering a big ‘Yeti’ on the downtube vs nothing on the previous model. Looks like a good refinement. Rumour has the SB130 going to 140.
You're pretty close ;) The big Yeti logo might not be for all new models either.....
The blue looks really good, will be interesting to see how popular it is though. Turquoise = Yeti. If you're rolling around a blue bike you could just be riding any old thing!
Also really, really like the blue. There's a mint colourway as well, although I'm not so sold on that.

I actually wanted that green / spruce SB130 they did for a little bit, but took so long to get my shit together / save money for it they'd sold out.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 394356

I've always liked the look of these and what they've done with the geometry and sizing in particular is really encouraging for an XL rider like me.
The SB150 always seemed too short at the rear and it got worse the larger the frame size.

It's muy carros / $$$ though, which is the way of things and it's contending with some fierce competition at this end of the game but I'd expect to see a fair amount of them on the trails.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You're pretty close ;) The big Yeti logo might not be for all new models either.....
Good to see the logo back. It was llike they think they're so good they produce blank bikes and expect people to know they are a Yeti. Especially when they got creative with the colour schemes... anything but turquoise.

Though was described to me in jest by a SB130 LR owner as decal-less to spot the cracks easier.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Good to see the logo back. It was llike they think they're so good they produce blank bikes and expect people to know they are a Yeti. Especially when they got creative with the colour schemes... anything but turquoise.

Though was described to me in jest by a SB130 LR owner as decal-less to spot the cracks easier.
I really like the no logos thing, it's like the antithesis to the hypercolour OTT stuff brands like Pivot were doing not that long ago. You don't see cars going around with huge Porsche / Maserati logos down their flanks unless their wanker owners spec them.

And trust me, if you're riding around on a turquoise bike everyone knows it's a Yeti. Logos not required ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
And trust me, if you're riding around on a turquoise bike everyone knows it's a Yeti. Logos not required ;)
I didnt dislike the look, it was just annoying as I muttered pretentious Yeti chunts under my breath.
When they went orange, blue, green, pink and navy, it took a bit more of a look to see what it was... the turquoise being blinding obvious.