Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Who makes Santa Cruz and Yeti carbon frames?
Yetis are made in Vietnam, by (I think) VIP Sports company (east of Ho Chi Minh City). Santa Cruz are made in China (probably Shenzhen). Giant has tentacles everywhere and has been busy initially trying to avoid US Trade tariffs with China (by moving production back to Taiwan) then shifting back to China to try and combat supplies shortages during the pandemic.

Given Giant has total oversight of its production given it owns everything, it probably has better overall quality. But having never owned a carbon Giant I have no practical experience.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember reading a year or so ago, I can't cite the article, that Santa Cruz and Yeti frames are made in Giant owned facilities. Article said SC and Yeti control the process using Giant's gear.
I am on my 2nd Giant carbon frame with no issues. Only SC bike frame I have had was alloy. No issues there, either.

cammas

Seamstress
I remember reading a year or so ago, I can't cite the article, that Santa Cruz and Yeti frames are made in Giant owned facilities. Article said SC and Yeti control the process using Giant's gear.
I am on my 2nd Giant carbon frame with no issues. Only SC bike frame I have had was alloy. No issues there, either.
Was about to say similar, just ask anyone who does work for other companies, you go by what they request, quality control is still at the heart of it and Giants would be good but as for lay up etc, that would be determined by the frame company ie Yeti or whoever.
Then again a company can ask them to do more than what they would do for their frames too, as I get this my line of work, where what we might be deemed okay by us is not acceptable for who we do the contract for, so we have to change our standard practice to suit them, after all they are the customer.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Who makes Santa Cruz and Yeti carbon frames?
VIP sports and very impressive prospect co does yeti.
santacruz can’t remember.

I’m plugging Giant more so for them being involved with and manufacturing carbon frames since the late 80s / 90s and at a scale this is still unmatched today.
They know what works and still put out a product that was just as good, if not better than the equivalent santacruz etc at a lower price point.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I'm a huge virtual pivot fan. I've owned SC (+intense), DW, Canfield, and maestro. Maestro always felt dead compared to the others.

Love me some dw.
Interesting. My Banshee Spitfire always involved making compromises between pedaling efficiency, end of stroke support and small bump compliance. Tried several different shocks and settled on Manitou Mara with a custom tune. It was good but I could never get it as good as my other bike with maestro and 15mm less travel. I like a lively, poppy bike and I could never get that from the Spitty.