Newly Released Bikes General

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've owned 2 x Pivot 429's and still own a Pivot Vault CX bike... I like them... but for some reason they never make me go fuzzy these days.

They look to have sorted some pricing too... unless thats US$, but the last Firebird made SC and Yeti look cheap.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've owned 2 x Pivot 429's and still own a Pivot Vault CX bike... I like them... but for some reason they never make me go fuzzy these days.

They look to have sorted some pricing too... unless thats US$, but the last Firebird made SC and Yeti look cheap.
That’s US pricing. The AU Pivot page hasn’t listed the new bike as yet. The prices are going to be silly!

ozzybmx

That’s US pricing. The AU Pivot page hasn’t listed the new bike as yet. The prices are going to be silly!
Thought so, the last Firebird was bloody 14K, can only dream that if the new XX1 AXS Switchblade is 12.3K in the USA, it must be 17K+ here... as I say, no fuzzy then turns to a facepalm.

ozzybmx

Do you think this is too slack (150mm fork, 650b wheels, HT: 63.75, ST: 74) for general trail riding, flow trails etc of Smithfield?
The new Norco Sight is 64°... it may be too slack next year, but this year its awesome.

ozzybmx

All the cool dentists will have one
Don't think we'll see one soon on the PYR page here :oops:

Makes a 10k Yeti or SC sound cheap... still doesnt give me the fuzzies, its an awesome looking bike, then the price just makes you screw your face up at it.

slowmick

38-39"
Do you think this is too slack (150mm fork, 650b wheels, HT: 63.75, ST: 74) for general trail riding, flow trails etc of Smithfield?
do you like it? buy it. I have a 150 mm steel hardtail that gets used for bike track, fire roads, single track and a couple of attempts at the local downhill track for shits and giggles (yes i fell off both times).

I've seen plenty of these on the trails and the riders usually look happy
https://www.marinbikes.com/au/bikes/family/20-san-quentin
(65° head angle, 75° seat tube, 130mm fork) not as pretty though.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
do you like it? buy it. I have a 150 mm steel hardtail that gets used for bike track, fire roads, single track and a couple of attempts at the local downhill track for shits and giggles (yes i fell off both times).

I've seen plenty of these on the trails and the riders usually look happy
https://www.marinbikes.com/au/bikes/family/20-san-quentin
(65° head angle, 75° seat tube, 130mm fork) not as pretty though.
Cool! What hardtail do you have?

ozzybmx

Its a narrow market for 12K SC and Yeti's, what chance has someone of getting a sized Pivot for 20K here in Oz.