Newly Released Bikes General

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I wouldn't mind seeing the $2,699 USD Alloy Tallboy that Pinkbike mentions. The Flow article lists an $8,000 AUD model as the entry level for Australia :(

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't mind seeing the $2,699 USD Alloy Tallboy that Pinkbike mentions. The Flow article lists an $8,000 AUD model as the entry level for Australia :(
$2k US for alloy frame only might be a more cost effective import option if SC Aus cant sort it out...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
$2k US for alloy frame only might be a more cost effective import option if SC Aus cant sort it out...
Problem with alloy is that as much as it seems like a good idea and more resilient, but somewhere in your head you still lust for CF.

The pointed end of 'shiny new' is always more expensive. You can't avoid it.

moorey

call me Mia
Problem with alloy is that as much as it seems like a good idea and more resilient, but somewhere in your head you still lust for CF.

The pointed end of 'shiny new' is always more expensive. You can't avoid it.
Hard disagree.
If they were the same price, I’d go alloy.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Some of the DH bikes I was comparing are heavier in carbon than alloy.
I stopped worrying about weight a long time ago, personally....mainly when I started adding more of it as ballast.
That must be a load of CF to outweigh an alloy version. Nothing makes sense anymore.

I wouldn't say I'm a weight weenie but do appreciate how much more lively a bike feels when it isn't too fat.

Sure a bike that mostly goes DH and plows through things isn't going worry about having low weight. More weight helps sometimes I guess.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Bit of a shame if the Alloy models don't make it to Aus, maybe they'll come later?

I'll be in the market for a new mountain bike in the next 6-12 months so watching these new rigs with anticipation. Looking at spending around 5k so would rather the money go into components than a carbon frame. Can't believe the price of some of these new rigs coming out o_O

moorey

call me Mia
That must be a load of CF to outweigh an alloy version. Nothing makes sense anymore.

I wouldn't say I'm a weight weenie but do appreciate how much more lively a bike feels when it isn't too fat.

Sure a bike that mostly goes DH and plows through things isn't going worry about having low weight. More weight helps sometimes I guess.
The parts I choose to run mean that 250-400g on an ensure frame means nothing.
I don’t care about lively any more. I care about reliability and durability. Have tried lighter bikes...always ditch them after a few rides or bang heavier parts back on.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The parts I choose to run mean that 250-400g on an ensure frame means nothing.
I don’t care about lively any more. I care about reliability and durability. Have tried lighter bikes...always ditch them after a few rides or bang heavier parts back on.
Lively is fun. I worry for you Moorey - reliable and durable sounds like the Toyota of bicycles which would be a Giant.

Get a light bike and hefty backpack and you are good to go :)

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I have traded the Ripley in on an Xxl Tallboy. It will have similar geo but is longer all round- stack, ETT, reach.
If I’m honest I’m not a fan that everyone has jumped on the slack HA and steep SA without consideration in longer ETT and stack height. The angle changes eat into the fit for bigger blokes. I normally run a longer stem which is problematic with a slack HA and need a setback post on all my bikes.
This is my last roll of the dice for FS frames. Santa Cruz is my last Hope in the new Reich of Current Geo. No one else has increased stack, ETT and reach to suit.
If it doesn’t work I will get a steel custom custom frame from Prova and cruise into my twilight years

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

Just to back it up to the Trek FUEL EX release, this little detail was glossed over on the big site's initial run down. I think that's an industry standard I could get behind though, a universal hanger.
Another world domination move by the big red S, I see! What happens when they use up all the 3-letter combinations I wonder... DUB, UDH etc. Is there a matching 11.99mm x 7/16 thread rear axle for the UDH?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have traded the Ripley in on an Xxl Tallboy. It will have similar geo but is longer all round- stack, ETT, reach.
If I’m honest I’m not a fan that everyone has jumped on the slack HA and steep SA with a consideration in longer ETT and stack height. The angle changes eat into the fit for bigger blokes. I normally run a longer stem which is problematic with a slack HA and need a setback post on all my bikes.
This is my last roll of the dice for FS frames. Santa Cruz is my last Hope in the new Reich of Current Geo. No one else has increased stack, ETT and reach to suit.
If it doesn’t work I will get a steel custom custom frame from Prova and cruise into my twilight years
I reckon it’ll be perfect for you !