Newly Released Bikes General

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
For those that may be looking for a new complete bike in the near future, I've done a quick calc on Giants 2021 released pricing and they have gone up ~17% from 2020 pricing.
There is rumoured to be a Trance X 29 with 135/150 travel dropping in two weeks.
And two Reigns I saw today are on point with colour, a metallic purple and metallic green which pop in sunlight
Trance X 29 sounds like a good move.

ForTheRiders posted a 2021 Reign Adv1 on Facebook this afternoon that looks great. Metallic harlequin paint, P.Elite Fox 38 and new X2.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Sea freight is more expensive than air freight used to be.

2020 Specialized Fuse Comp - $2,300
2021 Specialized Fuse Comp - $2,600

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pushys had three new 2021 Trances they were gone in under an hour.
There is still a serious demand for new bikes.
Yep bike sales have been in a boom but I am thinking more about what happens after the next 6 months. There’s already been a few covid regret purchases pop up and I reckon unemployment will get worse once covid supplements dry up too.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I expect bigger discounts then. Seriously though I reckon bike shops are in for a hard year next year.
I know of bike shops that had March through May sales that were their biggest months ever recorded. 1.5 times Xmas.

It may slow down, but they absolutely boomed during this period, so it’s all relative.

Cycling will still get many new converts, particularly if lockdowns continue longer term, it’s about the only activity you can easily do from your door.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Maybe the surge on sales will encourage more bike parks and trails to be built? I know Cairns and Atherton have more funding to make things happen.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
This steep STA and slack HTA fad is really killing bike aesthetics.
I like it a lot more than when it was the other way around a few years ago when there was a whole generation of bikes that looked like they'd been ridden into a bus. Hard. First gen Trance 29er anyone?
Doesn’t do it for me. Too much going on, don’t like the line of the top tube and that head tube junction is over the top. I am fucking grumpy at the moment due to not being able to ride anywhere so maybe it will grow on me as my mood improves ‍
Agreed and it doesn't.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Somehow I think the appreciation on super will be substantially more, by the time she hits retirement.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
Oh I don't know, I reckon they'll be appreciated for longer than the money

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...First gen Trance 29er anyone?
That is indeed an ugly frame (and I own one) and at the time I thought we had reached peak ugliness, but there are quite a few new frames following the Grim Donut approach that are taking ugliness to an eye-watering new level (and look like they've been hucked to flat off a 10 storey building).

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That is indeed an ugly frame (and I own one) and at the time I thought we had reached peak ugliness, but there are quite a few new frames following the Grim Donut approach that are taking ugliness to an eye-watering new level (and look like they've been hucked to flat off a 10 storey building).
Yeah bikes like the Privateer 161 are definitely pushing the boundaries of aesthetics imo but others (like the new Norco Sight) show you can throw down with your head and seat tube angles and get a great looking bike out of it.