Newly Released Bikes General

clockworked

Like an orange
This one comes in black though.
And angular contact linkage bearings!

View attachment 355146
Why bother with flash bearings when they still use bushings. On my warden if i tighten the bushing pivots to the prescribed torque the linkage barely moves. I asked knolly and their response was that when a rider's weight is on the friction is overcome. Which is fine, but jeez it goes in the face of speccing a kashima coat rear shock for reduction in stiction when the bushings have such a load to overcome.
Personally, the bushings put me off. I wont buy another bushing bike if i can help it

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Why bother with flash bearings when they still use bushings. On my warden if i tighten the bushing pivots to the prescribed torque the linkage barely moves. I asked knolly and their response was that when a rider's weight is on the friction is overcome. Which is fine, but jeez it goes in the face of speccing a kashima coat rear shock for reduction in stiction when the bushings have such a load to overcome.
Personally, the bushings put me off. I wont buy another bushing bike if i can help it
Sounds like a poor tolerance implementation rather than a fundamental problem with bushings as a design solution for high load, low rotation pivots.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not the first to run cables like that. I'd prefer the cables exited further back and entered the chainstay on the interior side if they were going for straight out cleanliness, looks like that linkage may complicate things a bit though. Those grommets look tight as well, that'll keep the muck out.