Newly Released Bikes General

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Has this been posted Before? Beaten by seconds!

Interesting concept.
is it a hardtail?
is it a full suspension?
does it have a shitty golf club name?

I only know the answer to one of these questions. +1 on cool concept however.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm liking that steel Torrent HT - the lower spec'd version kinda makes a mockery of owning a nice frame with those components though. What even is SRAM SX?!
Almost 3k for a hardtail with sx and trp brakes, even for steel. On the plus side makes me feel better about the bargain i got on my current ride

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Came here to post this, the alloy is a touch slacker and coil compatible. I reckon Ibis will sell boat loads of these.
Yep, it ticks alot of boxes since the iron horse 6 series which plenty of lads are still out there riding in their 26inch glory.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/ripmo-af

Alu Ripmo being released. The carbon version is killer bike that's well outside my price range.
Would to have a test run on one of these!
@Big JD

I see that the new Ripmo AF geo chart says that the STA is measured to a specific saddle height. Matches with a forum comment I saw from Ibis about the Ripmo. This means that the Ripley STA stayed on their charts is not comparable to other frames, as the standard is to measure to the top of the HT level.

Thus, the Ripley effective STA measured as per the industry norm is actually steeper than 76deg.

Any CAD trick people out there than can measure the effective and actual STA from a Ripley side view photo?

Attachments

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Came here to post this, the alloy is a touch slacker and coil compatible. I reckon Ibis will sell boat loads of these.
I just received an alloy Capra, and I'm already tempted to strip the parts off and buy the AF frame

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'm liking that steel Torrent HT - the lower spec'd version kinda makes a mockery of owning a nice frame with those components though. What even is SRAM SX?!
You get to replace parts though! That said, it would have been nice to see a GX Eagle or an SLX 12 speed there.

This is definitely on my radar!

PS. Do you think a 150mm front fork will be a floppy compared to a 120mm or 130mm hardtail?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
You get to replace parts though! That said, it would have been nice to see a GX Eagle or an SLX 12 speed there.

This is definitely on my radar!

PS. Do you think a 150mm front fork will be a floppy compared to a 120mm or 130mm hardtail?
With the slack front end it shouldn't feel too bad, but you could always jam some extra volume reducers in it and effectively shorten the travel while keeping the same A2C.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
@Big JD

I see that the new Ripmo AF geo chart says that the STA is measured to a specific saddle height. Matches with a forum comment I saw from Ibis about the Ripmo. This means that the Ripley STA stayed on their charts is not comparable to other frames, as the standard is to measure to the top of the HT level.

Thus, the Ripley effective STA measured as per the industry norm is actually steeper than 76deg.

Any CAD trick people out there than can measure the effective and actual STA from a Ripley side view photo?
So I found an online protractor tool that you can upload an image to behind.

For the Ripley I'm measuring approx.:

78 degree Effective STA to the standard reference height (top of head tube level)
77 degree Effective STA to the top of saddle in the Ibis website image (steeper than the 76deg they state and seem to measure at the saddle height)
73 degree Actual STA

Would be similar for the Ripmo I assume, in that Ibis are stating the effective STA on a different basis to the industry standard.