Newly Released Bikes General

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The purple monster in that pic comes in different spec on the Norco site: has a silver Pike, Shimano drivetrain, brakes, and e-thirteen cranks instead of sram XX1 and Flows on DT instead of the CB Synthesis in that pinkbike pic.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The purple monster in that pic comes in different spec on the Norco site: has a silver Pike, Shimano drivetrain, brakes, and e-thirteen cranks instead of sram XX1 and Flows on DT instead of the CB Synthesis in that pinkbike pic.
There's also an AXS model/spec according to that Pinkbike article:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Can we just take a moment to appreciate a piggyback shock without a climb switch on a 125mm frame.

I think this is my favourite bike in this thread.

AND two bottle cage mounts.
Does that shock kinda miss the point of being a short travel rig though? Would you may as well ride a 140mm bike with a DPX2 and get better climb and down ability? I’m not sure, would definitely love a ride on one.

Look at the Pinkbike video ... doubt you could fit a top bottle in with a bottom bottle. Are the top mounts made for a storage kit maybe?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Does that shock kinda miss the point of being a short travel rig though? Would you may as well ride a 140mm bike with a DPX2 and get better climb and down ability? I’m not sure, would definitely love a ride on one.

Look at the Pinkbike video ... doubt you could fit a top bottle in with a bottom bottle. Are the top mounts made for a storage kit maybe?
How often do you flick that lever on undulating trails? I lose more time and energy interrupting my pedalling and leaning down to flick the shock’s bean than what I do just pedalling in what it is.

Difference between 125 and 140 pretty slim. My spitty bottoms out in the same spots as my scout, the difference is in the way the bike behaves. I’m not sure which is quicker tbh because I don’t strava and injury messed with my tranny times, but I did enjoy the shorter travel because it felt like a dj bike. The spitty feels like a mini dh/endurbro in comparison. Both great frames, different feel. The non-piggyback shocks I’ve run did feel worse than the monarch plus I have now, and faded on longer runs (found that out in derby on the scout. Lost all dampening control towards the end of a run and the shock was hot to touch).

Not to mention I have a few climbs locally that I’m better leaving the shock open on because extra traction helps more than a shock that won’t move.

10/10 do want to try an optic, 10/10 won’t because I’m over riding bikes I can’t just buy if I like them :rolleyes:

And yeah that top ones most definitely for storage, but I don’t know what else to call the two rivet nuts with bolts in em, aside from that which seems extra wordy.

Last edited: