Newly Released Bikes General

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
They’ll love it!
They'd be on them tomorrow if I gave in but I need to get them MED's and they are both 155cm'ish, the dropper length may be a concern, they have ridden my Large SC and dont look too clumsy but thats with a 150mm dropper near slammed. Med would be fine now probably... but we have Derby/Maydena in 8 weeks, their current bikes fit them really nice at the moment so I should really keep them on those bikes. They just got new Fox 34's fitted to the Konas and they are handling them really well... must not give in to temptation.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am looking to get my boys a FS sometime next year, they were looking at Canyon Spectrals but I showed them the A3 yesterday and I'm pretty keen to get them from a local family owned bike shop.
Similar price and a good looking bike. We'll see come the new year, they wont be long till they are grown out of their Kona's.

View attachment 356940
Please shoot me a PM when you want to sell one of the Konas.

ozzybmx

Please shoot me a PM when you want to sell one of the Konas.
No worries, will do. They are size small Kona Kula Scandiums, Fox 34 130mm forks, reverb droppers, SLX/XT drivetrain, Mavic Crossmax wheels ect... will let you know.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
The Last Glen is out.

Single pivot link driven. Might even get @moorey interested.
Been out for ages. It's winning plenty of awards, as did the coal and clay. No dw maestro bullshit, curves antisquat etc are bang on, excellent weight, 6069 and post factory work really gets things right. The frames NEVER go on sale. Ever. Not once in 12 months. Paying retail on something is against my grain on something of this price. But nothing else has stacked up for quality, materials and qualities.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal

And another contender in the high single pivot gearbox stakes...that makes about...3 doesn't it.

This stuff makes selecting a new bike tough... Sherpa Cycles bringing the mini occy strap main stream.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

As is often the case, the alloy models look so much cleaner and neater than the carbon.
Could definitely see myself on one of these. Reminds me of my doomed suppressor a lot.
Yep, a few nice bike out this year, even the Spec Enduro looks great. Everything has gone really slack, its spoiling us with line choice... dont know where its going to go in a few years but making basically any bike pre 16-17 feel twitchy without anglesets and offset bushes.

A3... the price has me as I'm x 2.

X 2 bloody hackers, just bandaged #1 up last night with a leg and back friction burn, now back tonight with a shoulder friction burn and gouged out friction burn to his elbow (pain tomorrow) and hip. #2 went bicycle Trick or Treating came back with pockets full of lollys and no fucking NEW Fox gloves.

Bloody endless in my house.

Looking forward to teenage grandkids till I can laugh my shit off.... actually would be nice if I see teenage grandkids ;)

moorey

call me Mia
It is shit hot too!!
I have a 2017 optic and love it. New one has all the improvements I would want but the sight is bang on.
On top of my list!
Can totes see it.
Get a large. Dibs when you’re finished with it, mate :p

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

And another contender in the high single pivot gearbox stakes...that makes about...3 doesn't it.

This stuff makes selecting a new bike tough... Sherpa Cycles bringing the mini occy strap main stream.
Very nice. Hopefully they make an XL.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Making genuine enquiries about a Sight A2 for my lad. Frame and wheelsize are doing my head in. His 2019 Sight is medium, he is at the upper limits of it's size but still a good fit. New Sights have gone up a size. So do I go another medium, or large... the large reach is longer than my XL Range, so current thinking is a Medium.
Then wheelsize.... he is currently on 27.
Thinking stay with that. But 29er koolaide...

What do the cool kids think?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Go the longer bike, and 29’ wheels.

If you size down his bars will be in his lap when he’s pedalling. Is he still growing?

PJO

in me vL comy
Go the longer bike, and 29’ wheels.

If you size down his bars will be in his lap when he’s pedalling. Is he still growing?
Also don't be foooled the geo between the 29 and 27 are not the same (even though the PB article would have you believe they are). The stack height on the 29 frame is higher by around 17-18mm so the "effective" reach will be longer (by 8-9mm) on the 29 for the same bb to bar height.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Making genuine enquiries about a Sight A2 for my lad. Frame and wheelsize are doing my head in. His 2019 Sight is medium, he is at the upper limits of it's size but still a good fit. New Sights have gone up a size. So do I go another medium, or large... the large reach is longer than my XL Range, so current thinking is a Medium.
Then wheelsize.... he is currently on 27.
Thinking stay with that. But 29er koolaide...

What do the cool kids think?
I'd go the smaller wheel for a younger fella. 160mm 29er is a big bike, regardless of how good the geometry is.