Newly Released Bikes General

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Had a look at the new Specialized Fuse today - the frame is gorgeous. I wish they had the silver finish of the Expert (only the Comp is available in Australia).

My only concerns are the SX drivetrain, it's a budget kit and the shift felt a bit lightweight and plastic if you know what I mean?

PS. I mentioned the SRAM rear mech fix and they said they'd handle that too!

aaroncob

Cannon Fodder
Still haven't found out which other bike failed but the list is getting shorter.

Check out this forum. It tells which one of the PB bikes broke. Carbon Enduro bike from Canada ;)

moorey

call me Mia
If spitty had gone up even 5mm, not down 5mm, I’d be all over one like Haakon on a single origin, fair trade civet piccolo.
The Sight A1 still giving me them feels...just can’t get one locally through someone I’d give my cash to :(

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
New 2020 FlareMAX (aka droenn's dream bike)

Choose 130mm forks for the perfect all rounder, or up the ante to 140mm for a slacker, faster ride. Radical Longshot geometry is tweaked and tuned with two more years of development and feedback, with seat angle over 2 degrees steeper and adjusted reach and sizing steps to suit

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If spitty had gone up even 5mm, not down 5mm, I’d be all over one like Haakon on a single origin, fair trade civet piccolo.
The Sight A1 still giving me them feels...just can’t get one locally through someone I’d give my cash to :(
Bicycle Centre in Geelong is a Norco dealer. I've always found them pretty good to deal with.

moorey

call me Mia
Bicycle Centre in Geelong is a Norco dealer. I've always found them pretty good to deal with.
Cheers. There’s a couple of good Vic places that could get one, but I’d rather local if possible. I also require the 2yr payment plan, as the bike kitty is barely able to cover a deposit.
In all likelihood, I’ll wait to get one SH. They’ll never be clearing them out cheap with that spec for price. Demand will outstrip supply.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Cheers. There’s a couple of good Vic places that could get one, but I’d rather local if possible. I also require the 2yr payment plan, as the bike kitty is barely able to cover a deposit.
In all likelihood, I’ll wait to get one SH. They’ll never be clearing them out cheap with that spec for price. Demand will outstrip supply.
Will likely be the same price second hand. Maybe even more depending on how many times it has been shipped or how far it's been driven to the trails. Fuel ain't cheap!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Really depends how good your LBS (or the nearest shop stocking what you want) is.

If you have some basic tools and mechanical skills, modern bikes are mostly pretty easy to work on. In the unlikely event it's properly broken upon arrival, you would most likely be able to return it (always check the fine print), but would wear shipping costs to do so.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Really depends how good your LBS (or the nearest shop stocking what you want) is.

If you have some basic tools and mechanical skills, modern bikes are mostly pretty easy to work on. In the unlikely event it's properly broken upon arrival, you would most likely be able to return it (always check the fine print), but would wear shipping costs to do so.
Sorry I created a new thread so I'll repost this over there :)

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/buying-a-bike-online-better-spec-vs-lbs.316326/

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy