Newly Released Bikes General

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I wish I bought shares in Santa Cruz. Like way back in the Roskopp monster face deck times. I'd be tallying my cut every time I saw a kid with a pair of sc socks. Their bikes I can take or leave though.
Amen. Except I like the bikes too.

I love the look of the Pole CNC'd frames, but f### me it's such a dumb way to build a bike.
It can't be. I looked at their website and it says "Pole Bicycles: Best mountain bikes in the world".

They are pushing the limits of materials and design, they are making really fast bikes for going down hills, but no way can they honestly say best mountain bikes in the world. Can any one manufacturer make that claim?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Amen. Except I like the bikes too.

It can't be. I looked at their website and it says "Pole Bicycles: Best mountain bikes in the world".

They are pushing the limits of materials and design, they are making really fast bikes for going down hills, but no way can they honestly say best mountain bikes in the world. Can any one manufacturer make that claim?
One can. I'm guessing it's giant.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I've never had Leo come across as arrogant. Anything I've read or seen him do has been more "matter of fact" (which is kind of how you get when you're knowledgeable on a subject), mixed in with some fairly classic European straight talking in a language that is second to his native.
And as a matter of fact his "pre production" stamina failed on 10cm huck to flat and his super glue wonderbike came apart at the seams.

Just buy a Nicolai and ride knowing your frame will last another 5 years.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
1,000,000hrs in Paint later!!!

The black bar is matched to the inside diameter of the rim to approximate 662mm.
Bottom bracket displacement between the two points is just below 1m, at tyre contact point of the shot, before suspension has compressed.
View attachment 363078

Leo also gave more than just a standard "it was a pre-production" response, but also went into detail and showed images of the differences in the two designs and how the mistake could have occurred in the first place, and then a month later engineered the fail point out of the swingarm anyway.

It's literally the first time (that I'm aware of) this process has been used in this application, and he's taking care of the people who have put faith in it and standing behind his product and the quality of it. He believes in his product even if you don't, to the point that they're cutting production of the Evolinks to sell the Staminas exclusively.

We don't yet know the full outcome of the cracked headtube event (or for that matter, what even occurred to cause that damage). Given there are multiple vertical cracks in the photo, it might not even be a failure of the bonding. In any case, thanks to Leo's open nature on these failures, I have few doubts that the analysis of the issue will be in the public domain once it has been carried out.
I huck to flat all the time.

Reactions: Zaf