Newly Released Bikes General

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
ITT @Cardy George has buyer's remorse.

Yeah, but even low carbon steel has about a 3,500kg/cm^3 shear strength.
The Shimano spindle failures I've seen invariably occur around the non-drive spindle arm spline interface. There's no doubt it creates a weaker point on the spindle, but whether or not that's a tangible weak point compared to the other bonds involved is hard to say. They do caution on the "drillium" and do note that the readings will go haywire on the power meter if there's a fatigue fracture forming, so the main concern is a catastrophic failure...and I'd bet it will fail on the non-drive arm well before it fails on a 2mm hole should such forces be achieved.

Still, I think the potential market is pretty small, but it piqued my interest.
Lol, no. I actually saw the Cycling Tips article before anything else. It piqued my interest too!

• Love
Reactions: Zaf

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Is it just me or are so many of these bikes looking distinctly "Grim Donut"? The wheelbase of an XXL combined with a cockpit that looks like its a XXS.
I question the benefit of the super-long chainstays on hardtails. I get their function for high-speed stability on descents, but how hard do you have to be charging to need a 458mm chainstay on a hardtail...?

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Bfe good. Gbp 400 to ship it here not good. Dont expect crc level $150 delivery but that still seems excessive.
Where did you get that figure? I'm on the fence with the BFeMAX and the delivery is $240AUS.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where did you get that figure? I'm on the fence with the BFeMAX and the delivery is $240AUS.
when it was posted here a week or so back that was the figure on their page. Took off VAT, then added that shipping.

just went back now and went to customise your cotic, change the country to Aus.

£ 2190.83
total shown is exclusive of VAT, but includes an added postage charge of £400.00
please note that you are responsible for paying any tax and/or fees liable on import