Newly Released Bikes General

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To be clear, I'm looking for a 29er hardtail with modern geometry and 10-12 gears. I'm happy to buy a dropper separately.
Perfect solution! Get in quick while free delivery

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Damn...that San Quentin looks like a good deal.
It was $1999 all last year, i was recommending it to everyone who was asking advice on a first bike.

Hambo it seems you are super patient, been saving for ages. Highly recommend picking up pieces on sale over time and chipping away it it. Wait for 15% off days at pushys, local sales etc. I was able to build up a steel NS Eccentric 29 with DVO suspension, cc headset, DT Swiss m1900 wheels, slx 12 speed drivetrain and XT brakes for around 3k last year, maybe a bit over. Took about 6 months of stockpiling parts but blows the doors off any factory 3k hardtail on the market. Also because you are spending smaller amounts at a time, its easier to budget for. All new parts too. link to post

Building a bike is super easy as well - there is so much information available online these days. Pretty straight forward on a HT with external cable routing.

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Building a bike is super easy as well - there is so much information available online these days. Pretty straight forward on a HT with external cable routing.
Very true, and you only need basic tools if you get a bike shop to install the headset and BB for you.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
It was $1999 all last year, i was recommending it to everyone who was asking advice on a first bike.

Hambo it seems you are super patient, been saving for ages. Highly recommend picking up pieces on sale over time and chipping away it it. Wait for 15% off days at pushys, local sales etc. I was able to build up a steel NS Eccentric 29 with DVO suspension, cc headset, DT Swiss m1900 wheels, slx 12 speed drivetrain and XT brakes for around 3k last year, maybe a bit over. Took about 6 months of stockpiling parts but blows the doors off any factory 3k hardtail on the market. Also because you are spending smaller amounts at a time, its easier to budget for. All new parts too. link to post

It is very tempting actually, especially as I'm always saving. The latest I want to have a bike is mid-September by which time I should have just over $2,000 saved up. My biggest concern is getting a load of parts and not being able to find decent wheels or brakes. The rest is pretty available including the drive train (Shimano Deore or SLX 11sp please!).

I'm pretty sure I want the Ragley Big Al but the mmmbop still looks tempting but my style isn't crashing downhill, more technical XC if that makes sense? Hardtail Party is reviewing the mmmop at the moment so I'm really keen to see what he has to say too.

Surely this could work?
Eventually something has to give, be it colour, geo or price. This unicorn does not exist for @HamboCairns
Those colours are lovely! The reach and stack is a bit short for an XL though or am I wrong on that?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Ragley Big Al frames will be in stock end of July... Could the dream be on?!... again..

FFS. I'll fire up the spreadsheet again lol

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely this could work?
Eventually something has to give, be it colour, geo or price. This unicorn does not exist for @HamboCairns
Best not to ride a unicorn on trail. If you go otb that horn will fuck you up.

Buy the Marin. Strip it. Sell the frame. Build the frame of your choice. It's a good way to get parts plenty cheap.

Lightweight build on those carbon 26 bikes! The scales in the pic say 19.somethibg kg!!!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you throw a speculative, verging on insulting offer at MTB direct for the Paradox?

Scratch that - the brief says XC...

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Did you throw a speculative, verging on insulting offer at MTB direct for the Paradox?

Scratch that - the brief says XC...
Sold out anyway. Only place with one locally (relatively) is NZ.

I'll chuck a vote out for a Cotic frame and build....only cause I just got one (hopefully it rides well)