The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks lovely but,
  1. Single size chainstay - no good
  2. History of little issues on the platform
  3. Costs lots of Australian Micro pesos

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Definitely not doing the "longer , lower, slacker" here - besides a steeper STA, very similar geo to a 2015-17 Smuggler - both 115 rear travel with 130 forks..

in Medium:

HTA 67.6 (SB115) vs 67.5 (Smuggler)
Reach 430.6 vs 432
Stack 613.1 vs 610
BB height 339.4 vs 335
Chainstays 436.7 vs 436
STA 74.1 vs 75.4

edit: the Yeti will be much lighter though!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
2021 Commencals released - including the Clash.

Interesting that fork on the RockShox equipped bike is blurred out and “coming soon”. My money is on a resurrected Totem to compete with the 38.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn, the Clash value for money is going down. The Race model in 2019 was $5000 , $5500 in 2020 and now $6400??
Only real upgrade components wise is the new RS fork. Everything else is either on par or a downgrade.

Only big difference in the frame is ditching the ABP design and 5mm more rear travel. Few mm more reach, tad slacker.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
The zeb - clear image

The dollar is killing the value on the 2021 commencal absolute. $1000 price rise for pike DJs instead of Manipoo circus

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Specialized Fuse went up $300 to $2,600, still has. Recon fork..

For that money I can buy a steel Ragley with a Revelation.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Transition just dropped the Spur

My 120mm Django hits the sweet spot for a lot of Vic riding, but there are times I wish it were a bit more 'modern' in geo. The Spur looks like it could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Transition just dropped the Spur

My 120mm Django hits the sweet spot for a lot of Vic riding, but there are times I wish it were a bit more 'modern' in geo. The Spur looks like it could be a hell of a lot of fun.

View attachment 364505
That blue would match my PBJ nicely....... looks like a great trailbike.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Reckon Transition will also release a 29er Scout to complete the lineup? Or are trail 29ers over and its down country or all mountain now? :p

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Aussie dollar innit.
I didn't think it would effect it as the AUD/USD is now back to pre-corona level ... but I just checked the Commencal US Site and their pricing and 2020 to 2021 has only seen a $200 USD price increase, but that translates to a $900 AUD price increase hmmm

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reckon Transition will also release a 29er Scout to complete the lineup? Or are trail 29ers over and its down country or all mountain now? :p
The Smuggler has disappeared from their web page. Will be interesting to see if they think there's room for something between the Spur and Sentinel

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Whack a 130mm fork on the spur? Transition allow that sorta shenanigans without ruining warranty.
Knowing transition it’ll be a solid 120mm frame. Puttin the down in downcountry (a good trailbike basically? Labels are dumb. I want one though.)