Newly Released Bikes General

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There’s some nice animated rendering on the Spot site too

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Doesn’t do it for me. Too much going on, don’t like the line of the top tube and that head tube junction is over the top. I am fucking grumpy at the moment due to not being able to ride anywhere so maybe it will grow on me as my mood improves ‍
Not a fan either, there’s something odd going on with the bend in the top tube, the bulge in the lower part of the head tube and what looks to be a fairly tall stack height. The acute visual angle between the top tube and the fork sort of makes the front end look like it’s running an angle headset in reverse to steepen the HA. If the top tube / seat tube junction was a bit higher it would probably look a bit better.

Each to their own though, it’s probably a great bike.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Interesting that Spot has changed to titanium for the Living Link. Wonder if it has to do with the breakage from a few years ago:

Although 2 years to update is a long time so maybe not. Still not digging it either. Nice touches like decent chainstay protector and torque settings on linkage bolts.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
not sure whether to put this here or douche listing, $8K US hardtail, i normally like orbea s but what the F with the gold, they let some crazy cat lady work her decoupage magic with some gold paper, it’s on the underside of the fork also..apart from that looks ok
PS it’s rigid, you don’t get a fork for your 8k,there isn’t any special elastomer/headset/pivot magic to cushion the blows..an actual fork ;)that’s another 500, dropper another 130..i was hoping that added some extra BS so there was a 10K rigid bike, oh well..always next year

Ackland

chats d'élevage
not sure whether to put this here or douche listing, $8K US hardtail, i normally like orbea s but what the F with the gold, they let some crazy cat lady work her decoupage magic with some gold paper, it’s on the underside of the fork also..apart from that looks ok
PS it’s rigid, you don’t get a fork for your 8k,there isn’t any special elastomer/headset/pivot magic to cushion the blows..an actual fork ;)that’s another 500, dropper another 130..i was hoping that added some extra BS so there was a 10K rigid bike, oh well..always next year
View attachment 365384
Can you run it SS? I like!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Can’t you slap on a tensioner? Looks shit but what can you do.

Pivot les SS is better IMO. Those frames are gorgeous.
I'm almost certain that they didn't bring any of the new SS specific frames into the country....

Pivot don't offer a frameset with a rigid fork.

Also pivot tax means frame only is more expensive than that Orbea.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I'm almost certain that they didn't bring any of the new SS specific frames into the country....

Pivot don't offer a frameset with a rigid fork.

Also pivot tax means frame only is more expensive than that Orbea.
Sliding dropouts though.

That orbea is 8k US? Surely the pivot frame is cheaper than that.

This just reaffirms the fact XC is dumb.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
View attachment 365384
That's on my list of bikes to look at next.

Not rigid. Too old for that lunacy.